Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino fixer upper 7 1/8

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Recently bought this from a fellow lounger but it's too small for my needs so i am passing it on for what I paid for it.
Felt body and liner are in excellent condition.
Color is a very nice dove grey with a contrasting lt grey ribbon . Brim is 2 1/2 and has edge binding too.
This is a rollable pocket hat and I believe would have had a fabric sweatband in originally.
Price is 110.
dbc98799.jpg

a76a1708.jpg

d71989bc.jpg

Last edited:

bond

I also have a borso leather sweat that came with the hat and it is in very good shape.

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Feel I need to add a couple of things to what bond said: the hat was mine and he bought it thinking it'd fit him.
When I bought it, it had a grossgrain sweatband that was in terrible condition. I was able to find a period accurate, black leather sweatband that, at the time I purchased it, sewed it myself very poorly. After a while the stitches came loose and I never bothered to sew it again.
The body is in perfect, near mint condition and, as bond stated, so is the liner. Only thing you need to do is have the sweatband sewn in and you'll have a mint, ready to wear hat.
The color on the label, if I remember correctly, is Argento, which in Italian means silver. For this price, you're getting a gorgeous, vintage bargain. Way below even modern produced hats.

Last edited:

bond

Bump 100. Includes shipping conus. This is a very nice Borsalino only needs sweat put in, included in sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran