Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bound Brim

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I got my Phantom Blue Indy back from Optimo today. Here's a few pictures of it with the bound brim. The brim always kinda had a wobbly look to it, but that's gone now.

103_0347-vi.jpg

103_0349-vi.jpg

103_0346-vi.jpg

103_0342-vi.jpg

103_0339-vi.jpg

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I like it a lot. Makes the hat look much more sharp.

I saw how nice Rundquist's Morocco Tan looked with the binding, and I knew that this hat would definitely benefit from it too. So I'm a copycat...sort of. :)

Rundquist

A-List Customer
That looks great! I once heard someone say that they never saw a fedora that a bound edge detracted from and I have to say that I'm inclined to agree. Cheers

Bogie1943

Practically Family
I have always felt that a bound brim look more vintage and it gives the hat some character. I love bound brims to tell you the truth. If I had the cash, all my fedoras would have bound brims!:cool2:

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Originally posted by Chamorro
Beauty! Does it still have the dimensional cut?

Yeah, it does. 2 3/4 in the front and back, and 2 5/8 on the sides.

This is by far my favorite hat. The binding makes it even moreso. Thanks for all the compliments.

I was talking to Graham yesterday about what to get next, and he actually recommended that I not go with a Satin Finished felt, because of how hot it gets here in SC. Therefore, I'm probably going to get a Montecristi in January. I can't get anything that's super high grade, though. Probably something around 5 to 7 bills. Do you guys already with Montecristis have any recommendations, like saving up even more for than that for one?

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I think Rundquist has started something, I have a brown federation deluxe and i'm going to send it to Optimo for the bound brim as well.I like his block on the tan fedora and i don't want several indy hats all in brown since i have the Optimo in Indy brown.You have a very fine looking hat!!

Sharpetoys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk