Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bowie's Hero's jacket...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I beg to differ!

Marlene_Jeans-vorderansicht_ueberkreuz.jpg
I beg to differ!

Marlene_Jeans-vorderansicht_ueberkreuz.jpg
I think this righteous babe would look good with low rise or high rise jeans, even look good wearing a burlap sack. :D

@Sloan1874 - normally you and I are on the same page, but I gotta tell ya brother, the high-waist thing is back here and from what I've seen, I now remember why I had to carry books on the school bus. On the right figure (as with anything) they are fantastic and a nice welcome change (back) IMO. Seriously, I'm a fan :)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
@Sloan1874 - normally you and I are on the same page, but I gotta tell ya brother, the high-waist thing is back here and from what I've seen, I now remember why I had to carry books on the school bus. On the right figure (as with anything) they are fantastic and a nice welcome change (back) IMO. Seriously, I'm a fan :)

It's a pedant spelling thing: I love a high-waisted jean on a girl, it can be v flattering. High-waste jeans has other connotations...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
It's a pedant spelling thing: I love a high-waisted jean on a girl, it can be v flattering. High-waste jeans has other connotations...
I think a number of us, myself included, thought Seb's earlier post #14 was a typo and assumed he meant "high waisted". I've never heard the term "high-waist" until now. Live and learn. :D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
This video on the other thread bears repeating. Thanks Craig for originally bringing it to our attention! :cool: As I recall this song was the main one in the movie "Perks of Being a Wallflower"

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
They played that song ad naeseum at the store I used to work at. A good song though. The "Stardust" he drew inspiration from (NASA used it to wake up their astronauts in space by way of "Paralyzed": you'll hear why!)

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
This video on the other thread bears repeating. Thanks Craig for originally bringing it to our attention! :cool: As I recall this song was the main one in the movie "Perks of Being a Wallflower"

It was indeed. Cute little film. Captured something of what it was like to be that age in the last few years before the web.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a small collection of Bowie's Heroes shots, very very nice house deco art pieces! I ordered prints on Photobuckets and hang them "on the wall" where I kiss my girlfriend goodbye in the mornings.

I just contacted Ken to ask for a repro!!! It deserves a shiny RIRI zipper!!

GuyLdeB

New in Town
My memory of the mid 70s is that the jacket Bowie is wearing in these pics was being worn by everyone at the time. A kind of Bay City Roller look. All my mates had these big collared short black leather jackets with wool knits etc. which you wore with high waist bags and stack heels.

My memory of the mid 70s is that the jacket Bowie is wearing in these pics was being worn by everyone at the time. A kind of Bay City Roller look. All my mates had these big collared short black leather jackets with wool knits etc. which you wore with high waist bags and stack heels.

Actual, you can buy this kind of flight/motorcycle-jacket all-around, in europe. There are the leather-ones and for the masses, there are the same-looking jackets made of viscose, much cheaper and imitating the leather-look. The ones made from viscose cost around 80 Euro. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot