Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bowie's Hero's jacket...

Stand By

One Too Many
You have David Bowie's jacket?!?!
I think that's cool as well. Do you have any photos of it today?

Edward

Bartender
Be intwresting to see if Aero ever repro it. Unmodified, it might notbplay to our crowd, but there must be big Bowie fans that would love it!

Stand By

One Too Many
If anyone had asked me to take a good guess at where that jacket is, I'd have said it would most surely have been a part of the exhibit of David Bowie's career that toured Canada a couple of years ago, and that was such a hit with fans that they ran later in the evenings and extended the dates!
http://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...e_is_opens_at_the_art_gallery_of_ontario.html
I think it's great that someone around here has it!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I have the catalogue for the Bowie exhibition sitting here, but it's not shown. There is a large pic of the Heroes photo shoot, which shows it, and if you look carefully at my avatar, you'll see a colour outtake from it.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Ken said that made no more than a couple of dozen of this model, roughly around 1969, in his Poland Street factory in London. Interesting detail for those familiar with Soho, the knits came from Berwick Street Market.
He said that it may have been based on a Leith Army Stores drawing in their Exchange & Mart advert for American Bomber jackets, but that it is essentially a heavily slimmed-down bomber with classic late 60s collar. It's a design untypical of what they was making at the time, which were skinny, cropped adaptions of biker styles.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Man, the 70's stuff is coming back in a big way out here - esp for the gals...

We had 1980's retro a couple of years back- we did the 70's retro before that and now it's generic retro. But I've noticed a small sub group of women in high waste mum jeans ( whatever they are called).

Cocker

Practically Family
The idea of 'high waste' jeans is fairly horrible!

I beg to differ!

Marlene_Jeans-vorderansicht_ueberkreuz.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass