Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bowler hats anyone?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Brad Bowers said:
soft hats wouldn't necessarily need the cushioning that a Derby would.

Don't forget those rigid straws.
1934dobbsstrawcavway001.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
Don't forget those rigid straws.

Now that you mention it, I think I do remember seeing one on eBay a while back that had that wide-flanged sweatband. I can't remember if it was Dobbs or not.

Brad

carldelo

One Too Many
Hmmm

The thread says it is a standard fur-felt bowler wrapped in cotton for some obscure reason - say, that reminds me of something-----

74.jpg

Bingles

A-List Customer
For those of you who do wear bowlers, what type of comments.. if any, do you receive? Fedoras have at least crept back into popular society enough that they don't stand out as much anymore, but I have never seen a bowler worn in person, and have only seen them at fancy events in the UK via television. I'd be curious to know how they are received.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Bingles said:
For those of you who do wear bowlers, what type of comments.. if any, do you receive?
I get quite a bit of positive feedback. I wear retro-style clothing almost every day, and the only time that anyone has ever asked to take my picture was a day that I was weaing a brown suit and matching derby while walking my Rottweiler.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Slim Portly said:
I get quite a bit of positive feedback. I wear retro-style clothing almost every day, and the only time that anyone has ever asked to take my picture was a day that I was weaing a brown suit and matching derby while walking my Rottweiler.

Must have been a brave man, to ask that to a portly man walking a rottweiler ... ;)

LordBest

Practically Family
In my limited experience a bowler seems to attract less attention than a fedora. It may just be the people in my area, but I get far fewer odd looks and next to no comments when I wear my bowler than I do in any of my fedoras. I think perhaps because it is black it stands out less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart