Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brand New Café Racer Waxy Cowhide Leather Jacket SCHOTT NYC size L

Big7

One of the Regulars
For sale Brand New Café Racer Waxy Cowhide Leather Jacket SCHOTT NYC size L
Buttery-soft. light weight waxed leather is shaped into a classically structured jacket modernized with a button-tab stand collar and front zipper pockets.
I got it as a present, it is very nice , I just got a custom Aero Sheene ( you can check my post in outwear forum) , and have no need for another cafe racer type of jacket.
I can only return it to Nordstrom for a credit, since it was a present, but I don't really need anything there. I would rather put the funds toward new engineer boots :)

You can see more information about this jacket here
https://www.schottnyc.com/products/casual-racer-jacket.htm

Measurements :
Chest: around 21.5 - 22
Shoulders: 18
Back:25.5 - 26
Sleeves: 26

This jacket retails for $700, you can check Nordstrom website or Schottnyc
Asking $499 or best offer shipped con us
No reasonable offer will be refused.
I have plenty of feedback here and over 1200 on ebay under user name lucky_big7

tOZejb0.jpg

EpudhgD.jpg

dQZln7q.jpg

AVasFrW.jpg

h933YFk.jpg

kOjXA5r.jpg

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Pedantic observation: I have one of these Schott 654 jackets in black, it's great.

But I've never seen the cowhide described as "waxy" anywhere before, including Schott's own description at their site. I just Googled, and it's apparently only on the Nordstrom page for it. And I think "waxy cowhide" is actually a different finish than the one on this model. Just pointing that out, though it's Nordstrom's mistake, not yours!

Big7

One of the Regulars
Could be, I just took description from Nordstrom site. But could it be an exclusive finish just for Nordstrom ? I’ll try to get in touch with them later

Big7

One of the Regulars
Yep, they are still telling me, it’s waxy cowhide finish , just like it says on their site. I don’t know how much difference does it make, just look at the pictures or try it at the store. It’s really nice buttery feel to me

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I think they may be telling you that because they don't want to admit that they're making a bogus claim. Or maybe they simply don't know and assume it's correct because that's how the description reads. (Years in this crazy hobby has revealed again and again that we know much more about these jackets than many of the retailers that sell them!)

That hide looks virtually the same as that on my black one; there's a bit more graining on yours, but that's a natural variation. I don't know that I'd call the hide on mine "buttery" soft, but it was supple and comfortable out of the box and didn't require any real breaking in. Picture when it was new:

Schott654d.jpg

Anyway, I don't mean to derail your sale! The 654 is a good streetwear jacket for the price you're asking.

(But come on, Schott: I think that for $700 the sleeve zips should actually do something instead of just being cosmetic. I mean, most cheap pseudo-motorcycle mall jackets have properly functional sleeve zips.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner