Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brand new quality bowler hats search

Edward

Bartender
Thanks to all for the great references! now that i have more knowledge about the bowlers i was thinking about the "famous" hat commissioned by Sir Winston Churchill known as cambridge hat... is that i only saw him on the lock & co website... it seems that nobody else manufactures this... does anyone know a good manufacturer?

AFAIK that was one Lock invented themselves, though I don't know that they have any monopoly right in the design at this point - I shouldn't think so. TBH, I think an equatiran lowe-crowned "John Bull" type top hat has a much more attractive hat, but obviously not much use if you're after the specific WC look.

Mike Johnson

New in Town
I love my Mayser. It’s one of the best fitting and feeling hats I own.
D7D6C373-0BA8-48CD-AA40-0A584C579D05.jpeg

Edward

Bartender
G
I love my Mayser. It’s one of the best fitting and feeling hats I own.
View attachment 253639

I've seen those on Amazon. German label, I think? Quite fancy the bottle green one. I've avoided bowlers for years (I do love a good Homburg), but recently came round a bit to fancying them. I do have a Christies stiff wool in brown (it was an end of thel ine, half price onlnie purchase) which, when I get back to the office, I need to see if I can have conformed to my head just ever so slightly (made a tiny bit more oval). I like them as more Autumnally-coloured, "countryfied" hats (though I'm perfectly happy to wear country-wear in the city). I realise there's a very specific bowler shape I like - not too tall, and relatively flattish rather than completely domed on the very top, with a proper pencil-curl. Just like that Maye, actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points