Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Branded Garment Black/Brass CHP Cross Zip (aka The Beast)

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Really, really love this jacket. But it's just not getting the proper love in my closet and I feel like it's a caged animal. Should go to someone who rides (or maybe wants to look like they do ;) because it's meant to take punishment. I have no doubt this thing will be passed on for the next 200 years and still feel new.

Thickest leather in my collection. Broken down and pretty soft. Nice grain forming. Some wear here and there on the wrists and sleeves, but nothing deep or compromising. When I wear this thing, I feel like I'm wearing a stylish flak jacket. Simple design with no epaulettes or coin pocket, but the classic Cal style belt line. Two deep inside pockets. Biggest zipper I've ever seen on anything. The size of my index finger.

I'm 6'0 185 and it fits great on the comfortable side. I've got the side laces pretty much pulled in completely, so you can probably go up several pounds. There's room for a decent hoodie or sweater as well.

P2P: 23
Shoulders: 18.5
Bottom: 19.5 to 23 (estimating depending on how you pull the laces)
Back: 25.5 and 27 on the kidney dip (no front drop, hits me bottom of belt with midrise jeans)
Sleeves: 26

Cost me $250 all in. I'll let it go for $225 and eat the shipping out with PPFF Conus. Open to trades too if you got something brown similar size (racer or cross zip). And in the spirit of Xmas, if you got some sob story, let me know. I might be willing to let it go cheaper in the right circumstance or may just donate the proceeds to St. Jude Hospital if I get close to full ask.

1U7m14d.jpg
9FIVohn.jpg
6CH6OeI.jpg
QZRVSNH.jpg
Jvz0Vh0.jpg
MMgBoF2.jpg
NmSMuEG.jpg
Chd37nn.jpg
FFr6wqh.jpg

Ric.

New in Town
Nice! What is tag size? (did I miss that)? Do you have the belt?
I'd use it w/out belt anyway, as I ride mostly off-road.
BTW, where located? I'm in Arizona- north.
Gr8 leather @ nice price!

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Nice! What is tag size? (did I miss that)? Do you have the belt?
I'd use it w/out belt anyway, as I ride mostly off-road.
BTW, where located? I'm in Arizona- north.
Gr8 leather @ nice price!
it's a size 42 on the tag. But as we all know, go by the measurements cause those numbers don't mean much LOL.

No belt. Not sure if it was standard given it has the side laces. I'm in Los Angeles.

It really is a beautiful jacket. I've got a bunch of these kinds of jackets where I don't wear them but some I hang on to for my two growing boys that can start wearing in a few years. But this one really belongs out in the wild.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Nice jacket nice price if I did not have three Star Gloves I would buy this jacket at the full asking price and feel I got a grift.
I've picked up 2 Cals in past 2 weeks. Something had to go. The Cals are lighter and I can wear more as a "fashion" jacket. This Branded is 100% made to be on a bike. Still very stylish, but it would be like having a Ferrari to only drive on residential streets.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
first and only bump. Think I might keep this. Been wearing it all day and it's just too nice to take a loss on it. But if someone really wants it, lmk.

I might try and take off the belt buckles to clean up the look and remove like 1/2 pound LOL. Not even exaggerating. These things are thick.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
The Beast has risen again LOL.

I really need to clear out my closet. This one keeps getting pushed to the back and I got 3 jackets incoming.

This needs a good home so $175 OBO PPFF including Conus shipping. After I net out shipping costs, whatever is left over is getting donated to St. Judes Hospital, so don't beat me up too much on price :)

I did cut off the belt loops, but I have them all and it would be super easy to have seamstress sew them back on. They don't go through the liner or anything, so it's a simple few stitches. TBH, it looks a little bit less beastly without them LOL.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Mind me asking your chest size?
I'm kind of shy about that LOL. j/k.

I'm 42 inches resting. The jacket fits great, if anything a little on the loose side. I have the side cinches fully tied up and the gussets offer some breathing room. Even though the leather is thick, it's really soft and giving, so it can flex.

For reference I'm 6'0 185ish. I think it could handle another 15 lbs at the same height. Here's a fit pick, also shows the front without the belt loops. I'm wearing a thin hoodie under and there's still some room to go.

zLL3HQ6.jpg

abone

A-List Customer
Thanks for answering that personal question!
Im a 42 too.
I’m kicking around a new Vanson c2, or a used cross zip. Never had one before but I know I’ll like one. I do ride.
My shoulders are 19.5 and I’ve got long arms, usually need a 26.5 sleeve min. So a shoulder of 18.5 might leave me shy on sleeve length. Leave it with me for a bit.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
sure thing. no worries. The sleeves are long on this though FYI. See the first photos I posted in the mirror.

C2 are nice as well, ain't going to lie. I bought one from the 80s that's awesome. Much shorter body though, can't remember about the sleeves off hand, but it's older so probably shorter if I had to guess.

abone

A-List Customer
I called Vanson this morning, gave them my particulars and they’d put me in a 44. I have a Vanson Oxford (9D) in a 42 and it’s pretty snug. They said the C2 will fit tighter across the chest than that hence the size up to 44.
And yes the C2 isn’t really generous in arm length.

abone

A-List Customer
The Beast arrived!
I’m a happy camper.
Despite some reservations about the dimensions, I couldn’t be happier with the fit, and condition of the jacket. My cross zip itch is duly scratched, for now anyway. Test ride tomorrow weather permitting.
Thanks Luigi!!

Attachments

• 7B135738-7212-4F9E-81E2-8F1A04A81535.jpeg
    7B135738-7212-4F9E-81E2-8F1A04A81535.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 166
  • CFBAE813-37AF-43A6-AF9D-C02633B5A68C.jpeg
    CFBAE813-37AF-43A6-AF9D-C02633B5A68C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 152
  • 5E730C57-47FC-469C-9F5D-CC6F3E6DEF2D.jpeg
    5E730C57-47FC-469C-9F5D-CC6F3E6DEF2D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 153

Forum statistics