Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brightly-colored fedoras anyone?

OldStrummer

Practically Family
I'm going through a rust-russet-mahogany-oxblood-whatever phase right now. I have a hankering for a hat to match.

70621BH_OX601_MAINB.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Probably the brightest I have is a green Selentino Pine. I save it for St. Patties Day. I just unloaded an Air Force Blue western conversion because I never wore it.

I've never quite figured out who St Pattie/Patty was, though she's clearly very popular in the USA. Interestingly, her festival seems to coincide with that of the patron Saint of Ireland, St Patrick - or Paddy, as we often call him.

Here's a couple of Penmans from their site. The aforementioned Dick Tracy, and The Spirit.

View attachment 96632
View attachment 96633

Yeesh, those are a bit much for me. I'd quite like a light creamy-tan that hinted at yellow, though - think the inside of a banana rather than its skin.

I did try on a nice powder-blue the last time I was in Bates; that I could see wearing with a nice dark blue suit, particularly at that tme of year when it's just a little warmer but not hot enough to switch to straw.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd quite like a light creamy-tan that hinted at yellow, though - think the inside of a banana rather than its skin.

I've got some great wool fabric at home waiting to become a zoot suit. It's a butter yellow-fawn, kind of like the underbelly of a lion (my daughter watches too much David Attenborough!), and I can imagine a wide-brimmed buckaroo-style hat to top it off. When I eventually get the suit made!

I'm a bit worried about Eric the Finn and John the Swede. All they need now is a couple of Danes and a Norwegian or two and we've got the Great Viking Fedora Army! At least they'll look stylish when they conquer half of Europe this time round! ;):)

Edward

Bartender
I've got some great wool fabric at home waiting to become a zoot suit. It's a butter yellow-fawn, kind of like the underbelly of a lion (my daughter watches too much David Attenborough!), and I can imagine a wide-brimmed buckaroo-style hat to top it off. When I eventually get the suit made!

I'm a bit worried about Eric the Finn and John the Swede. All they need now is a couple of Danes and a Norwegian or two and we've got the Great Viking Fedora Army! At least they'll look stylish when they conquer half of Europe this time round! ;):)

Being a firm believer in The Chap and the Tweed Revolution, I'm very keen on the idea of a zoot in a nice tweed - maybe a Donegal.

If you have a giant head and like bright colors maybe we can make a deal?
Selentino Sterling:
5570fce9a14b73e05702f29e2d7f3e0f.jpg
014c6e752c1acb5e98f23265a3b80a17.jpg
2bf8286b7483f05566de60d4aa8658a4.jpg

It's even brighter and more orange than the photos depict. Size 62 (7 3/4) and a generous size 62 at that! Bought on a whim and it has sat on a shelf in my office for a couple of months as a conversion piece. The novelty has worn off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOGMAN

One Too Many
If you have a giant head and like bright colors maybe we can make a deal?
Selentino Sterling:
5570fce9a14b73e05702f29e2d7f3e0f.jpg
014c6e752c1acb5e98f23265a3b80a17.jpg
2bf8286b7483f05566de60d4aa8658a4.jpg

It's even brighter and more orange than the photos depict. Size 62 (7 3/4) and a generous size 62 at that! Bought on a whim and it has sat on a shelf in my office for a couple of months as a conversion piece. The novelty has worn off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To big for me.If it was mine I'd put a black ribbon on it and wear it.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
About eighteen months ago we went to a rather classy wedding. It was a 'come dressed vintage' affair. Being summer, it allowed me to get my light blue 1930's linen suit on. Problem was, I didn't have a hat, other than a straw, that did the suit justice. Step forward Esther, she made me a Strat look-a-like in ice blue. That hat matches or contrasts so well with much of my summer blazers.
Esther-hat 001.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch