Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brim edging question.

John's is almost a "reversed" standard homburg binding. Except for the visible stitching, that ususally goes all through the brim (visible on both sides) if machine-sewn. Other traditional homburgs sport a handsewn binding without visible stitches on any of the sides - like the bindings you see on bowlers.

Yes but it has a similar look at the brim edge. I don't believe I have a standard Homburg binding without visible stitching (I might have seen one at the Novy Jicin Museum). Would be interested in seeing an example.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I think, they are pretty rare and I don't have any images. I saw one on another customer in a shop a couple of years ago. About a year ago I saw one (old British?) on the web - probably on eBay. Today Stephen Temkin of Leon Drexler in Canada makes a pretty traditional (short brimmed) homburg interpretation with handsewn binding. I prefer a little more d'Orsay curl, though :)

Golden

Familiar Face
Brim Stitching

I have been through so many threads here I cant remember where I saw 1/2 the things im trying to reference....

I'm having a hat made and am trying to find the different kinds of brim stitching that can be done in-lieu of a brim ribbon.

is there a consolidated thread somewhere im missing?

my search foo is weak

ty

-joshuah

Golden

Familiar Face
hmmmm

not there, but thank you!

It was a raw edge with an angled stitch all the way around it...
it had a specific name

and it wasn't O.S.C.A.R.

-j

like this?

061114.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I was think of the Gay Prince-style, too. If that's what you're looking for, it's just a simple whip stitch.

Brad

Golden

Familiar Face
I think these were it.

That whip stitch and the chain stitch were the ones I was thinking of.

thinking of those stitches on these colors, for an open road style fedora...

sahara fedora.jpg

sahara fedora 2.jpg

ty for the helps!!

How would this would look?

-j

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points