Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brim shape of Borsalino Traveler - question

harryj

New in Town
Hi,

I've been enjoying my new Borsalino Traveler - wearing it in rain, coolish weather, etc. When wet I dry it upside down on its crown on the counter.

The edge of the brim is quite wavy all around. Is this typical for this type of hat, and adds to its character, or should the brim not be doing this?

Thanks,

Harry J

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Harry, please don't put the hat on it's crown when wet or otherwise. Just flip the brim up all the way around and let it dry resting it as it would be on your head.. You will be more pleased with the overall results. As for the wave?..what can I say, I'm a hatter so waves bug me.:rolleyes:

Magus

Practically Family
HJ...is this a new Borsa? Or vintage? If its new it could be the quality level of the current line. And I agree with Art...not a huge "wavy" fan here.

M

harryj

New in Town
Thanks for the replies...

...Art, I will do as you suggest. Mags, it is a new model. Should I just dry it as Art instructs and live with the resulting brim?

Best,

Harry J

Magus

Practically Family
Yes you should follow Arts suggestion. If anyone knows hats its him. The reason I asked about the age of the hat is...well...to put it gently Newer Borsalinos have taken a decided drop in quality. The waviness of the brim may simply be due to the factor. (Sorry to be the bearer of poor news) With a foldable you cant add stiffener....sooooo....just enjoy the hat for what it is. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner