Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Post: Stetson Open Road Question

travelinmason

New in Town
Hello,

I'm brand new to the forum and this is my first post. I suppose I'm like everyone here and I have a high degree of appreciation for the art and function of hats.

My question for the board is: I have a 6X Stetson Open Road and I am thinking about putting a slight cowboy shape in the brim similar to a Stetson Range. I have searched online for pictures of Open Roads that have had a slight curve put in the brim and I'm not finding much of anything. Does anybody have any pictures that they can share of a Open Road you have modified?

I'm looking forward to participating in the forum.

Hello,

I'm brand new to the forum and this is my first post. I suppose I'm like everyone here and I have a high degree of appreciation for the art and function of hats.

My question for the board is: I have a 6X Stetson Open Road and I am thinking about putting a slight cowboy shape in the brim similar to a Stetson Range. I have searched online for pictures of Open Roads that have had a slight curve put in the brim and I'm not finding much of anything. Does anybody have any pictures that they can share of a Open Road you have modified?

The OR is but a 1/4" narrower so it should look similar to the Range.

Hello,

Welcome to the Lounge

You should be able to find plenty of pics of ORs in various configurations if you look through The Open Road Guild thread:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-open-road-guild.7047/

Here is a thread about shaping the OR: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/open-road-shaping.104000/

Please note, however, that you are talking about a modern OR (I assume), which is stiffer than many of the older ones you will see in these threads.

Good luck!

Hello,

As you look through the photos here in various threads, I’d recommend that you also look at photos of the Akubra Campdraft as it’s basically an Open Road. I think you could raise the bumpers a bit on the sides if that is what you are thinking of doing.

hambone71

Practically Family
Hello,

Welcome to the forum, my brother! Fruno's thread links will likely help you find a solution.

Always good to see another traveling man pop in here! SMIB!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner