Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

British Workwear

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
s_w10_00730036_zps8d62de92.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I had to cover my flooring so it wouldn't see some of the soles on those boots.:eeek:

ChrisT

One of the Regulars
I didn't know the vintage work boot thread. That is exactly what I am looking for.
Thank you Flat Foot Floey

By the way are you a Slim Gaillard fan?

Last edited:

Cobden

Practically Family
Baron, those you posted seem to be called KDSD (Khaki drill service dress) while mine just say KD (also, mine don't have pleats, and his don't have the front patch pocket).
i wonder if the lack of 'service dress' in the code name means they were intended for something different ?

i confess to knowing virtually zip about uniforms. ;)

Khaki Drill Service Dress is a "re-enactorism", intended to clarify that one is talking about the uniform consisting of a service dress style tunic (worn with trousers or shorts) which was officially called "Khaki Drill" and various other, less formal, garments made of drill in a khaki shade and related garments (such as the shirts, cellular) which were unofficially, though contemporaneously, called khaki drill.

Confusing matters a bit was the fact that, for most of the war, shorts and trousers were designed to be worn with both the KDSD tunic and with the aertex shirts. And the KDSD tunic was pretty much suspended for the war too.

So, in summary, KD is made of KD, as are some KD even though it is not true KD, and indeed KD need not neccessarily be made of KD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner