Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BROOKS BROTHERS

The ones i've seen had a plastic-covered circular cut out on the brest pocket, into which could be placed a school/team badge or emblem. I guess the badge could equally be stitched onto the jacket. Probably the ones with the hole were from a bulk supplier of such jackets. Certainly the school blazer they used to use - not when i was there - at my school had such a "hole". Eton etc. students would, i'm sure, have theirs made to measure by their tailor.

bk

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I saw that blazer at the BB in San Antonio, and it called to me. Unfortunately I didn't have $500 on hand to buy it.

Another blazer I wish someone would reproduce is one worn by an extra in Brideshead Revisited, which is khaki with burgundy stripes of the same width, about 3/4 of an inch.

prisprd2.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It warms my heart to see Number Six popping up around here.
Did you all know that his jacket was actually a very dark brown and not black as everyone assumed? It's true. Copies of his jacket show up on eBay from time to time, usually from the gift shop housed in his house on the show at Portmeiron.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Went down and picked up a couple things at the local outlet... lot half off and I know the manager so I get the extra ;) ;) discount.

I picked up a very victorian style all cotton night shirt with a white band collar and a blue striped body. Tails go down to my calves. Very old school.

i like it... very old school. not I need a matching night cap and a candle stick holder.

Wow, you go the night shirt half-off plus discount? That's a great price. I bought the simple white pyjamas a few months back. They're wearing well so far. I went over there for classic wedge slippers two weeks ago, but I didn't like their selection and the clerk sent me around the corner to Tom Austin's where they had pretty much what I wanted for half the price.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Yeah, they're white with blue piping. Bottoms are drawstring. Very comfortable. Of course being the pair I liked, they weren't on sale. 70 bucks, which I guess isn't too bad as I don't believe I ever had to buy a pair of pyjamas before. Seems every year someone gives me a pair for Christmas.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I bought a couple pairs of pyjamas and planned to sport them around the room in New York... as it turned out I ended up coming in at 6:00am most days and just piling my stuff on the floor and hopping into bed.

I like their old night shirts... they need to sell a night cap so I can go really old school.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Yesterday, at a local vintage clothing store, I spotted something I'd never seen before: a 1950s Brooks Brothers suit that had been custom-made for someone. The details of this custom suit were interesting:

-- All silk lining
-- Black silk Brooks Brothers label with red and silver embroidery and lettering
-- Boutonniere loop on the inside of the lapel
-- Working buttonholes on the sleeves
-- Hand-ticked stitching along the lapels and seams

Without question, the best-quality vintage Brooks Brothers suit I've ever come across. Must have cost a pretty penny in its day. Unfortunately, it had some damage, so I left it on the rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner