Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown Doctor Who / Das Boot look-alike

Flieger

Practically Family
This happy camper just won another leather jacket! I've been wanting a jacket like this one for quite a while but not having the money to spend on a Wested I had to look for something among the online auctions. This is what I found:
NewLJ01.jpg

NewLJ2.jpg

NewLJ03.jpg

I know it's not an exact replica of the U-Boot jacket but it's close enough for me and I love the colour. It's vintage (1950's), it's goat (Swedish made) and it has a cool lining. What more can a man ask for. :D

EDIT: Oh, and the price? I got it for a modest $24 :)
EDIT 2: I wrote "brown", but when I think about it this might be closer to "russet"?

Flieger

Flieger

Practically Family
Thanks RAF Man!

It's still possible to find cheap vintage clothing here in Sweden. At least among my two favourites: Leather and hats. :)

/F

Flieger

Practically Family
The jacket arrived yesterday and I spent last night treating it with SkinnFix to get some softness back into the leather. Today I took some photos.

This is how Flieger will dress this fall: lol
russet01.jpg

russet02.jpg

russet03.jpg

And a more casual shot:
russet04.jpg

As it turned out, this jacket wasn't the U-Boot-clone I thought it was but I still like it very much. It's in great shape for something that's 50+ years old. The lining is wool and very warm. (at least it was during the photo session) ;)

Flieger

Flieger

Practically Family
Technonut said:
Wow Flieger, that cleaned up VERY nicely, :) Looks like it was made for you.

Thanks, Technonut! Well, the jacket was in great shape and only needed a little TLC to shine like (almost) new. I really like the SkinnFix product as substitute when you, like me, can't get hold of Pecards.

Flieger

Flieger

Practically Family
Thanks BT!

Yes, I have seen your jackets and I must say I love the Swedish Goat! You don't happen to have a photo with you wearing it?

Flieger

Flieger

Practically Family
Thanks Flitcraft!

Well, this is about as vintage as I'm prepared to go. I like mixing up contempary clothing with a couple of vintage items.

Flieger

sunflo9968

New in Town
Hey Flieger, Which online auction did you buy from? I'm looking for a jacket
like that one . When you get online which category do you search in? Do you
type in u-boat jacket or just leather coat ? Thanks for the help. Very nice purchase!!

Flieger

Practically Family
sunflo9968 said:
Hey Flieger, Which online auction did you buy from? I'm looking for a jacket
like that one . When you get online which category do you search in? Do you
type in u-boat jacket or just leather coat ? Thanks for the help. Very nice purchase!!

Hello Sunflo,

Well, first of all you need to know I'm in Sweden hunting the Swedish auction sites. If that is the same with you I suggest you look for "Tradera" and/or "Blocket". The first being an auction site similar to e*COUGH*bay and the latter more of a buy/sell variety.

Usually I just make a search for "leather jacket" - There aren't that many to look through here in Sweden. :eek: On the big "E"-site you might want to narrow your search to "U-boot/U-boat jacket", "German leather jacket" or maybe "Kreigsmarine leather". You might also want to look for "leather car coat".

Wishing you the best of luck!

Flieger

Zeropositive

Familiar Face
that coat looks brand new after you have treated what a steal for 24 USDs only...

You lucky sod... the length isn't too long or short looks perfect very nice...

Flieger

Practically Family
Zeropositive said:
that coat looks brand new after you have treated what a steal for 24 USDs only...

You lucky sod... the length isn't too long or short looks perfect very nice...

Thank you Zeropositive, :)

I can tell you I would have gone quite a bit higher on that one... but no one bid against me! :D Once in a lifetime luck, I guess.

Flieger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen