Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown highwayman style jackets with an aggressive V taper?

blatman23

New in Town
Hi there!
I was wondering if there was an off-the-rack company that makes a simple half belt jacket with a rather aggressive taper. Something like 24" pit to 20" hem or similar.

I already have a schott 689H on the way that is advertised as having an aggressive V taper, but schott doesn't make it in brown which I also would like so I need some recommendations :)

Custom is not an option (Aero etc) - I can't justify the 1500-2500$+ cost for just 3 months of winter.

Not at all urgent, I just want something to keep an eye for :)

Thanks pros!

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is a really bad name for the type and you should stop using it. Not least because as a jacket name it refers to a boxy straight cut design, lol.

You just mean a collared leather jacket. Say that.

Anyway, there are lots. Just search brown leather jacket and you’re likely to pull up a ton of hits.

El Marro

Anyway, there are lots. Just search brown leather jacket and you’re likely to pull up a ton of hits.
Not as many when you take into account that he wants an 8’ drop from chest to hem. I would recommend that you talk to the guys at Johnson Leather. They might be able to work something custom up for you for under $1500.

Aloysius

Also OP, to be clear I'm not singling you out for the "calling a plain leather jacket a Highwayman" thing. Someone here started it like two years ago, which led to awkward moments like Aero seeing his post and thinking he had gotten an Aero-friendly maker to do an Aero knockoff lol.

I had to explain that the guy just uses "Highwayman" to mean any straight zip jacket with chest and side pockets.

Helix

Familiar Face
Hi there!
I was wondering if there was an off-the-rack company that makes a simple half belt jacket with a rather aggressive taper. Something like 24" pit to 20" hem or similar.

Custom is not an option (Aero etc) - I can't justify the 1500-2500$+ cost for just 3 months of winter.

Not at all urgent, I just want something to keep an eye for :)

Thanks pros!

Not as many when you take into account that he wants an 8’ drop from chest to hem. I would recommend that you talk to the guys at Johnson Leather. They might be able to work something custom up for you for under $1500.

JL has a model called the Barneveld Remix that has similar proportions. The stock size M is 23" P2P and 19" at the hem. I don't think they have any made up in brown but do have some in a black naked cowhide. I think the price is about $895 or so for off the rack.

I had this one made up in a brown Horween Vermont HH that had an upcharge but there are some selections that don't cost extra. The current wait time is 2 months.

Attachments

• IMG_4990.jpeg
    IMG_4990.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4992.jpeg
    IMG_4992.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 43

MrProper

Does an Aero really cost that much in the USA? I would have estimated it at around $1000.
I would still think about it. Over the many years that such a jacket lasts, the price is put into perspective.
Especially when a high-quality jacket gets better with every year.

jglf

A-List Customer
Does an Aero really cost that much in the USA? I would have estimated it at around $1000.
I would still think about it. Over the many years that such a jacket lasts, the price is put into perspective.
Especially when a high-quality jacket gets better with every year.
Aero’s are still around $1000 for us in America. This price is before any leather upgrades or options. I would suggest that the op buys a sheene which is already patterned with an aggressive taper.

Aloysius

Aero’s are still around $1000 for us in America. This price is before any leather upgrades or options. I would suggest that the op buys a sheene which is already patterned with an aggressive taper.

Sheene is a cafe racer with the Highwayman collar and back design so that should be right up his alley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner