Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Browning 1919

eightbore

Suspended
I'm not into the WWII reenacting thing but am a pretty active shooter and hunter. I have been contemplating the purchase of a semi-auto 1919 just for giggles. Does anyone shoot one of these? Can someone suggest a manufacturer or source for needed accesories? I just can't help but think it would be great to mount one in the back of a Willys for a total vintage experience. :)

pix584889390.jpg

eightbore

Suspended
You can say that again and that's sort of the point given that I'm such a John Browning fanatic. Gone are the days when I could shoot surplus AP 50 cal for around a buck a round! That was only a decade ago. In another 5-10 years I suspect surplus 7.62 will probably be going for that. :( Nevermind the ammo....these guns retail for between $1000 and $1500 while the semi M2HBs go for 7500 plus. :(

eightbore

Suspended
If one shops, 30-06 is still reasonable (granted, not the way it was). I've seen it priced at $270 per 1000 round case before shipping. That said, I am "committed" to .308 so would probably buy the 1919 is this less "vintage" calibre.

Ammunition....the currency of the 21st century. :)

Best,

eightbore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo