Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buckaroo Hatters ''I Saw The Light'' movie news.

majormoore

Vendor
There was a great movie that we all watch at Christmas, called "It's a Wonderful Life" when it came out it got bad reviews, but now its considered a classic

What someone may like or not like about a movie, or car, or even a hat his that person's taste. We all have the right and freedom to say what or how we feel about something.

I'll wait and see it for myself and decide
Major Moore

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
if I don't like a restaurant ... does that mean you shouldn't eat there ?

I never understood reading or listening to anyones reviews of anything

being a career musician I learned a long time ago that reviews are as useless as political campaign speeches .... they mean less than nothing

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Agreed. Takin it one step further, I feel the same about others hat choices/opinions/preferences... etc. Especially when it applies to what one should wear/buy, or what looks good or not good.

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
Just ran across this....

21e3ed84464a83f2dd603335bc20f939.jpg

Reading what little about this movie is out there (it was shown at the Toronto Int'l Film Festival, apparently), what I'm most struck by how little modern people in general know about the flesh-and-blood Hank Williams. Oh, they have a passing familiarity with many of his tunes (how could they not?), but I've read more than one commentator offering that they didn't know those songs were all his.

Hank has been gone for nearly 63 years now, so a couple-three generations have been born and grown up and, in the case of the first of those generations, gotten on in years themselves since Hank Williams last drew breath. I don't think it's just the Hank Williams appreciator in me that has me making the obvious observation that Hank Williams left a lasting mark on American culture. A movie on his short and troubled life is bound to spark new interest in its subject. But no matter that movie's merits, that subject had such an influence that people who weren't born until 40 or more years after he passed, people who rarely listen to country music (and are in some cases hostile to it) know his work (even if they don't know they know it), that it would be nigh impossible for the movie to do him justice.

Seriously, how many popular entertainers are still listened to six-plus decades after their deaths? A few, for sure, but not many.

As to the movie itself: Good enough will be plenty good enough for me.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
It'll be GREAT just to see (and hear) his story retold and hear some other new renditions of his songs even if they are just copy covers. They're still great tunes. I'm not expecting a Cinematastic (my word) Masterpiece.

If it's comparable to Ray or Walk the Line it will be worth the watch. I'm not a country music, nor HW fan, per se, but I love music. I will see this and, if the story is well told and the music is good, then I'll pretty much be satisfied. They've been doing a fine job with some of these music related biopics lately.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
If it's comparable to Ray or Walk the Line it will be worth the watch. I'm not a country music, nor HW fan, per se, but I love music. I will see this and, if the story is well told and the music is good, then I'll pretty much be satisfied. They've been doing a fine job with some of these music related biopics lately.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Miles movie with Don Cheadle that takes place in a very dark time in Miles life

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Loved the scene when they did "Mess Aroun" in the studio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24