Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buckaroo Hatters ''I Saw The Light'' movie news.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Wow, the resemblance is amazing.
Haunting song...

He's definitely the perfect actor to play Hank. It's hard to imagine that he's the same person who portrayed "Loki" in the "Thor" movie.

This is the released version of that song...

[video=youtube;oyTOZCfp8OY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyTOZCfp8OY[/video]

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's also hard to imagine that he played F. Scott Fitzgerald in Woody Allan's "Midnight in Paris" and looked uncannily like the author in that film. Look at the Google images. Hiddleston seems to be a chameleon, like all fine actors.

majormoore

Vendor
Tom, will be singing alot of Hank's song his self, I do know that Tom, sounded and looked the part when I was at the fitting for him.
This past week I got calls and emails from both the director and Sony Classic films telling me that the hats they thought really made Tom looked and took on the roll of Hank when he had the hats on, they all loved the hats.

At this time I have some great news but can not share until a later date.

Major Moore

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Tom, will be singing alot of Hank's song his self, I do know that Tom, sounded and looked the part when I was at the fitting for him.
This past week I got calls and emails from both the director and Sony Classic films telling me that the hats they thought really made Tom looked and took on the roll of Hank when he had the hats on, they all loved the hats.

At this time I have some great news but can not share until a later date.

Major Moore

I'm looking forward to seeing that movie when it comes out. Can't wait to see how your hats look on screen.

majormoore

Vendor
I was on the phone today with the president of Sony Pictures Classic, which owns the movie, he informed me that the movie will hit the big screen the day after Thanksgiving. He also said that Labor Day weekend we should start to see some trailers from the movie.

There still is a Big surprise still to come later when I can inform the FL members

Major Moore

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
the hats look absolutely fantastic ... top notch all around

as a Hank Williams historian and fan myself I'm not so sure they picked the right guy to play ol' Hank ... as he referred to himself

I don't see much Hank in Hiddleston at all really ... I'm sure he is a fine actor ... just don't see it

and Hank was much more thin and frail than that man

plus he is 5 years older than Hank was when he died in that car

definitely looking forward to seeing this movie ... and again those hats are out of this world

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
the hats look absolutely fantastic ... top notch all around

as a Hank Williams historian and fan myself I'm not so sure they picked the right guy to play ol' Hank ... as he referred to himself

I don't see much Hank in Hiddleston at all really ... I'm sure he is a fine actor ... just don't see it

and Hank was much more thin and frail than that man

plus he is 5 years older than Hank was when he died in that car

definitely looking forward to seeing this movie ... and again those hats are out of this world

I think I understand your point, but it would be extremely difficult to find a top-notch actor today who could resemble Hank in every way. It's the actor's job to inhabit the character he's playing, and, given Hiddleston's track record and professionalism, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we all found ourselves halfway through the film believing in him completely.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I think I understand your point, but it would be extremely difficult to find a top-notch actor today who could resemble Hank in every way. It's the actor's job to inhabit the character he's playing, and, given Hiddleston's track record and professionalism, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we all found ourselves halfway through the film believing in him completely.

I totally agree ... I'm sure he will be great

and I will have to see the movie .... but I just don't feel Hank when I look at this guy... I really don't even see a resemblance at all

if his grandson was younger he would have been perfect ... if he could act that is

.... and I lived in Los Angeles for many years .... there are thousands of actors looking for work ... I'm sure they could have found a spitting image if they wanted to ... but Toms track record speaks for itself

he would not have been my choice.... but I'm sure it will not make me like the film any less.... unless it turns out to be some fluffy "Hollywood" dramatic garbage full of exaggerations , fabrications, and flat out lies that is

which bio pics are very much known for

I totally agree ... I'm sure he will be great

and I will have to see the movie .... but I just don't feel Hank when I look at this guy... I really don't even see a resemblance at all

if his grandson was younger he would have been perfect ... if he could act that is

.... and I lived in Los Angeles for many years .... there are thousands of actors looking for work ... I'm sure they could have found a spitting image if they wanted to ... but Toms track record speaks for itself

he would not have been my choice.... but I'm sure it will not make me like the film any less.... unless it turns out to be some fluffy "Hollywood" dramatic garbage full of exaggerations , fabrications, and flat out lies that is

which bio pics are very much known for

Or if it takes a side road where Hank Williams goes off looking for the Tesseract.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Three generations of Hanks singing together, Hank Sr., Hank Jr., Hank III....

[video=youtube;3mhSd3U3TBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mhSd3U3TBI[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot