Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buco/Aero Leather Jeans Sizing?

Samcurr

Familiar Face
I'm looking into purchasing a pair of Buco leather HH jeans or Aero HH (Levis style) used (Japan). Anyone have experience with their sizing?
In jeans I can go from a 30x32 to 32x32 or 30x30 (minimum).

The Buco leather jeans I'm looking at are labeled a size 29 and seller says it measures 76cm at the waist.
Anyone have experience with Buco HH jeans and sizing?
Can I get away with it or should I size up? Same question for Aero.
Not looking for a baggy look just a straight fitted look.
Thanks

Last edited:

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1) Have you measured the waist of your size 30x32 jeans? Are they around 38 x 2 = 76cm? Or have they been stretched way beyond 76cm?
2) Leather pants do not stretch like denim.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I'll simplify your choices. For Aero, you will have to buy used. They no longer offer leather jeans. However they do offer a range of denim (Lee & Levi's) jeans. I'll queue up @Monitor here as he has the most experience with leather pants in this lounge.

Samcurr

Familiar Face
1) Have you measured the waist of your size 30x32 jeans? Are they around 38 x 2 = 76cm? Or have they been stretched way beyond 76cm?
2) Leather pants do not stretch like denim.
I measured a fresh pair of skinny jeans at around 76cm and they fit comfortably. Any smaller and I would be cutting it way too close.

Buco leather trousers run very true to size which is to say, a bit smaller than what you might be used to so if you wear a size 30 to 32, I don't think you'd be comfortable in a sz. 29. Leather pants are notoriously unforgiving when it comes to vanity sizing.

Ditto for Aero leather jeans. I've tried on both 5 pockets and racing ones in sizes 30 and 32 and while both fit, sz. 30 was just too tight for me. Waist was actually okay but they were too shallow, tight and just uncomfortable. Wasn't really the look I was going for. . .

Looking at the numbers on Japanese sold Aero pants, they seem to be even smaller in any corresponding size but I cannot tell you whether it's just sellers messing up measurements or Aero adjusting their patterns for different markets.

In any case, if you're a size 30 waist and can get away with 29, I'd go with 30 or 32 for loose fit but definitely not 29. Take away 1 cm from any measurement seller provides due to leather thickness (people often measure trousers over belt loops, too) & 'cause leather jeans won't stretch.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I measured a fresh pair of skinny jeans at around 76cm and they fit comfortably. Any smaller and I would be cutting it way too close.
Are you looking at original Buco? Or the Buco repros? I agree with Monitor that you probably need to go 30 but I can give you one more reason to do that. Leather jeans are gonna be a difficult to put on and damn near impossible to get out of if they are too tight. Unless of course you are into some bondage fetish;).

Last edited:

Samcurr

Familiar Face
Buco leather trousers run very true to size which is to say, a bit smaller than what you might be used to so if you wear a size 30 to 32, I don't think you'd be comfortable in a sz. 29. Leather pants are notoriously unforgiving when it comes to vanity sizing.

Ditto for Aero leather jeans. I've tried on both 5 pockets and racing ones in sizes 30 and 32 and while both fit, sz. 30 was just too tight for me. Waist was actually okay but they were too shallow, tight and just uncomfortable. Wasn't really the look I was going for. . .

Looking at the numbers on Japanese sold Aero pants, they seem to be even smaller in any corresponding size but I cannot tell you whether it's just sellers messing up measurements or Aero adjusting their patterns for different markets.

In any case, if you're a size 30 waist and can get away with 29, I'd go with 30 or 32 for loose fit but definitely not 29. Take away 1 cm from any measurement seller provides due to leather thickness (people often measure trousers over belt loops, too) & 'cause leather jeans won't stretch.
I figured. Guess I'll wait for a 30 or 32 to pop up. Thanks for the info.

Samcurr

Familiar Face
Are you looking at original Buco? Or the Buco repros? I agree with Monitor that you probably need to go 30 but I can give you one more reason to do that. Leather jeans is gonna be a difficult to put on and damn near impossible to get out of if they are too tight. Unless of course you are into some bondage fetish;).
Yeah, going to wait for a bigger size. As for bondage...not my scene ha!

Samcurr

Familiar Face

In terms of quality between Aero & Buco HH pants, is there a noticeable difference? I'm a sucker for the sheen look HH provides. Is one "shinier" looking than the other?

In terms of quality between Aero & Buco HH pants, is there a noticeable difference? I'm a sucker for the sheen look HH provides. Is one "shinier" looking than the other?

Buco pants are Shinki, right? Provided they are, and if the leather is the same, they ought to be a bit softer and that's about it. The hides are very different but not visually that much and both will fade, though Shinki has a flaky finish that might chip off sooner to brown while Aero's Horween will fade gradually.

Pandemic

One Too Many
I don't suppose anyone here has experience with Gap leather jeans?

There is a pair on eBay in my size that is awfully cheap. It's an itch I want to scratch - strutting around the house like the Lizard King, though I can't see myself ever stepping out the front door in leather trousers - so cheap seems like a good idea for a little home rock and roll cosplay.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot