Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Budget Cafe Racer.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
This bunch have been cluttering up my Twitter feed all week with this jacket - they mainly deal in vintage biker jackets but are dipping into new makes. Seems a very reasonable introductory offer price, what are people's opinions? I'm personally not keen on the double waist straps.

http://iconjacket.com/

zhz

Practically Family
To me, the leather quality looks similar to those £100-200 jackets on ebay. And I dont like the collor, it looks too big for a round design, also, I agree with you, the waist straps doest look good.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I assume these are the same guys who sell used jackets in the "Merchants" section. Good luck to them, but the jacket looks awfully tiny and tight, and as for functionality, I can't imagine wearing one on a bike. Hard to tell from the pics, though.

I quite like it. Don't mind the straps at all, though if it's the tight fit they're aiming at, I wish the jacket had shoulder gussets. I'm not too big of a fan of such leather, too, but I do like the jacket.

Killer site, by the way!!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yes, the more you look at it, the less there is to like: the inside of the collar is lined, don't like that; the leather (cow) isn't doing it for me; and the back panel looks odd. Oh well, they're site's good for vintage originals for not much more than this one, just a bit surprised that they didn't pay a bit more attention to the stuff in their store room. I guess if you were looking for budget Buco/Cafe Racer it'd be something to consider.

IXL

One Too Many
It appears this jacket has loops sewn in the rear that one's belt would be threaded thru, keeping the jacket from lifting. Is this what I'm seeing?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
No, I think it's down to the jacket being worn so short that the belt loops on the model's jeans look like they're part of it.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Craig, I'll bet that they would give you a generous trade in for your Board Racer if you were interested. :D :pound:

IXL

One Too Many
No, I think it's down to the jacket being worn so short that the belt loops on the model's jeans look like they're part of it.

The loop appears to be very wide and made from leather. In the images, it is just below the double-buckle. Is that part of his hipster jeans?

IXL

One Too Many
So, the universe is still intact! I really don't care for the jacket, but I might give a Sharpie a try...on someone else.....

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I don't hate the new jacket (the straps aren't for me) and although I wouldn't buy one I've seen worse looking designs from more well known brands.

caferacerdave

New in Town
Has anyone on here bought one of these jackets yet? I bought one on Friday morning and it arrived this morning and I have to say that I'm very impressed with it. It went online to leave a review for it but could find that feature on their site but came across this thread.
Their teaser photos posted on twitter caught my eye the other day so I thought I'd keep an eye out for it. I was going to wait till the autumn to buy a new jacket but saw a link to the jackets new website that said it was on special offer so I thought, sod it as it looked great on the site and it was a really good price.
The closest jacket I have to compare this too is my Lewis Leathers Cyclone that I bought new a couple of years ago(I know it's a different style but it's still a high quality biker). Side by side I can honestly say there's no real difference in quality. If anything the leather on the Leather Monkeys jacket feels slightly thicker yet the leather is surprisingly soft. I don't think the site really does it justice in that department really.
I suppose the style of the jacket is down to personal taste and probably not everyone's cup of tea, but i love it. It's nice and understated at the front but looks a bit more like a biker jacket from the back. It feels great on too and the fit is really nice.
All in all I think it's pretty spot on. I know it's on sale at the moment but it feels like a way more expensive jacket. Probably not as expensive as my Cyclone but that's from a well known brand, but maybe more like a £500 jacket.
edeguve8.jpg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Looks good from the front. Some may not like the fabric backed collar but it is traditional, the old Brimacos and even the current Vanson B's have that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou