Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bullet bra sizing

SayCici

Practically Family
Hi! I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I'd really like to buy a vintage bullet bra, but I'm curious as to how the sizes have changed, if they have at all. Can I just buy a 34B, or do I need something larger?

Thank you! I'm new and I love this place already. :)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SayCici said:
Hi! I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I'd really like to buy a vintage bullet bra, but I'm curious as to how the sizes have changed, if they have at all. Can I just buy a 34B, or do I need something larger?

You can use your current size. However, my understanding is that there's a little more wiggle room in vintage bra sizings, so you might be able to go down or up a cup or band size.

KatieD

New in Town
Bullet bras

Our bullet bras are made from vintage patterns so the sizing should be the same as for vintage bullet bras (Maidenform and the like) hence the sizing info below should be useful.

There are a couple of areas which might cause problems - the first is the underbust band which on vintage bras is virtually non stretch - so you need to ensure you pick the right band size. The second is that you do have to squish your breasts into position!

If you find you need to go up a band size you will need to go down a cup size. The way cup sizes are graded are:
38B cup is same as 36C, 34D, 32DD (it's just the band size that changes)
38C cup is same as 36D, 34DD and so on.
Hope that makes sense!

I've cut and pasted the info from our site which should also apply to most vintage pieces (although please bear in mind that other faux vintage bullet bra manufacturers might use different patterns - I know Secrets in Lace have larger band measurements than us).

Our bullet bra sizing blurb:
We grade our bras using the traditonal method (please see our sizing pages. for more information). If you normally wear 'designer' bras or those made by small companies you should be the same size in our bras. If you wear high street bras you might find that our band sizes are smaller than these brands.

To help you select the correct size here are our underband measurements. The first measurement is taken with the bra measured flat, the second is measured when it is being worn and should be the same as when you measure firmly around your chest directly beneath your bust.

Bullet bra sizing
32" measures unstretched on the tightest fitting 26". Measured 'as worn' 27-28"
34" measures unstretched on the tightest fitting 28". Measured 'as worn' 29-30"
36" measures unstretched on the tightest fitting 30". Measured 'as worn' 31-32"
38" measures unstretched on the tightest fitting 32". Measured 'as worn' 33-34"
40" measures unstretched on the tightest fitting 34". Measured 'as worn' 35-36"

Katie

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
SayCici said:

I highly recommend trying one on before purchasing....you don't (at least I didn't) get the same kind of support as you do with a modern bra. I wear a 34ddd and things looked rather funky and unflattering in a bullet bra. :) I was hoping to look like Jane Russell...but that's not what happened.

Check out the underpinnings thread too...I think there is some info in there on this subject as well.

Aarika

New in Town
I bought a package of two unworn bullet bras off of eBay a few months ago. I normally wear a 34A, so I bought that size. Big mistake! The bands are absolutely massive on me! Soooo disappointing... I honestly don't even know if a 32 would be small enough.

saraicat

New in Town
Just to add another data point, I am normally a 34D in modern bras. I have a vintage longline bullet bra (deadstock peach satin!) in a 34C and it fits perfectly. Any larger and I'd need pads, I think.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Hmm...I wish i would have seen this thread earlier! :eusa_doh: I just ordered one of the lace overlay bullet bras from Secrets In Lace. It hasn't arrived yet, but i just bought my regular size in bras because i figured that they aren't actually "vintage" but vintage styled. If i don't quite fill out the cups, i just planned on stuffing it with handkerchiefs. I'm not spending 17.50 on bullet bra pads! [huh]

zendy

A-List Customer
*martini*time* said:
Hmm...I wish i would have seen this thread earlier! :eusa_doh: I just ordered one of the lace overlay bullet bras from Secrets In Lace. It hasn't arrived yet, but i just bought my regular size in bras because i figured that they aren't actually "vintage" but vintage styled. If i don't quite fill out the cups, i just planned on stuffing it with handkerchiefs. I'm not spending 17.50 on bullet bra pads! [huh]
I also ordered my normal size and it fits perfectly, I think they run truer to modern sizing.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
It came!

I finally got my new lace overlay bullet bra in the mail yesterday. I couldn't wait to try it on. I'll admit, when i first took it out of the package, i thought to myself "there is NO way i'm going to fill this cup!" But once i tried it on, it fit great and is surprisingly compfortable. I think it may have started a bullet bra addiction...i'm already in the market for another one!

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
First off im really glad someone else asked this

I know a lot of ladies here like what katie did, my sister LOVES them, personally i prefer actual vintage but was leery of sizing myself.
Soooo......
if I'm a 34B i should look for a ....34A?
Also one breast is smaller than the other would that look awkward?
sorry for the tmi

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Depending on the bra, I'm in the 32/34B-32C range. My WKD bullet bras are 34Bs, and I still need pads to fill them out. If I were to buy any more bullet bras from them, I'd consider going down to 32 (I've found Cameo Intimates fit me best, so I'm reluctant to buy bullet bras elsewhere now); I'd definitely say WKD bullet bras run big. The first time I ordered one I was worried about the non-stretch bands and got a 36 -- it was literally falling off me! Quite funny in retrospect...

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
:eek:fftopic: for thouse of you who like wkd (like myself lol ) they have a clearance outlet store on e-bay
220455273335_1_0_1.jpg
220455283284_1_0_1.jpg

mitress bullet bra is 18.67$ and the doris bra is 23.79$

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Lusti Weather said:
Depending on the bra, I'm in the 32/34B-32C range. My WKD bullet bras are 34Bs, and I still need pads to fill them out. If I were to buy any more bullet bras from them, I'd consider going down to 32 (I've found Cameo Intimates fit me best, so I'm reluctant to buy bullet bras elsewhere now); I'd definitely say WKD bullet bras run big. The first time I ordered one I was worried about the non-stretch bands and got a 36 -- it was literally falling off me! Quite funny in retrospect...
Okay, but that was for new bras not vintage.... does anyone know how real old bras fit? sorry for being a pain in the butt i'd just like to make sure before purchasing.

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
hailey greenhat said:
Okay, but that was for new bras not vintage.... does anyone know how real old bras fit? sorry for being a pain in the butt i'd just like to make sure before purchasing.

Sorry, my mistake, I thought you were interested in the WKD ones. Have you tried looking through this thread? I know I've seen this discussed here before...

Lucinda Q

New in Town
Bullet Bra help? Smaller back sizes, bigger cups

Good evening ladies, :)

I don't know if this has been covered before but...

Does anyone happen to know of any companies that sell bullet bras in 28 backs and bigger cup sizes?

My friend is having trouble finding bullet bras that fit her so we thought someone here might be able to help

MissHannah

One Too Many
I don't know of any repro companies but if you search for Figurette vintage bras they go down to a 28 back and up to, I think, an F cup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ