Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buster Keaton's Suits?

Quetzal

One of the Regulars
Those of you who are fans of Buster Keaton may have noticed that after WWII until his death, he began to wear 4-button suits with very low-cut odd vests (almost like a Evening vest, maybe a throwback to his comedic use of the evening best in his early films?) and a floppy black bow, that gave him a very old-time, possibly costume, look. If I could post pictures, I would show you, but in an episode of the "Twilight Zone" and "What's My Line?", he appears in his this attire.

Does anyone know why he began to wear this somewhat strange attire when he became older?

-Quetzal

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Keaton in the Twilight Zone
220px-Buster_Keaton_Twilight_Zone_1961.JPG

I checked online and found lots of photos of him wearing those low buttoning waistcoats back in the 1920s. I guess it was just a style he liked:
busterkeaton_1.jpg

Buster%20Keaton.jpg

On the subject of Keaton, this is a great poster:
pamplinas-buster-keaton-img-24397.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I guess it was a funny costume just like the stiff collar with clip on tie. It's a visual joke setting him apart from the people around him. But just like his pork pie he didn't always wear the same. It's just the more memorable outfit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy