Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Button braces– any trick for raising them in the front?

BigBrother

One of the Regulars
I’ve noticed, and perhaps this is just physics and is unavoidable, that every time I wear braces the pant line will rise toward the back (in other words the braces are pulling up more in the back than the front.) However, I’ve also always noticed that if I grab the front manually and lift it to produce a horizontal line, the creases in the pants just look and lay so, so much better.

Is there any way/trick to get my braces to pull up more in the front so that everything is even? This has pretty much been the case with any pair of pants I’ve worn and any braces, though to be fair I only have a few of the latter.

Thanks!!

PeterB

One of the Regulars
One ofnthe mysteries of life. To be worn with braces pants should ideally be higher in the back than the front, but you will find the same problem. I havenfound that the problem is most acute with loose pants. They should be snug wherebthe waist sits. On me, that is around the first rib counting from the bottom of the rib cage. Problem is then solved because they can't move up any higher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner