Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

buying a watch online is safe ?

Faddie

New in Town
I am searching to buy a watch but there is many websites available and they are showing almost same pictures with different prices ? what is the authentic website to buy a watch ?

waterskierKC

New in Town
Buy the seller not the watch. There are plenty of trusted sellers out there, but it takes time to read their contributions online. Usually on various forums or selling sites. Watchrecon.com is a good site to view lots of curated types, brands and models and will direct you to several brand specific forums. Most of my lux watches I've bought locally but my vintage speedmaster I bought from a collector after learning many things from him over time. If someone sells frequently online their reputation will be out there to review. Those are the sellers you want to buy from.

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
Buy the seller not the watch. There are plenty of trusted sellers out there, but it takes time to read their contributions online. Usually on various forums or selling sites. Watchrecon.com is a good site to view lots of curated types, brands and models and will direct you to several brand specific forums. Most of my lux watches I've bought locally but my vintage speedmaster I bought from a collector after learning many things from him over time. If someone sells frequently online their reputation will be out there to review. Those are the sellers you want to buy from.
Faddie was a consensus bot

MichaelRhB

One of the Regulars
WatchYouSeek has good sellers, as does Chrono24. Both have international sellers.

EBay can be a source as well, but pay close attention to feedback and location. Sellers with 100% feedback and hundreds, if not thousands of transactions get my business if they have what I'm looking for.

If the price is too good to be true, it will be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21