Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying Used/Sale Jackets from Aero

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I keep an eye on the used/sale jackets from Aero and saw one that really struck my fancy. I e-mailed and asked for measurements and haven't heard back for at least a week. Since I haven't dealt with Aero before, could I get a little advice? I don't want to be a pain and be viewed as someone who is bugging them, but I would like to get the measurements asap before someone else buys the jacket. Is it better to call (even though it would be very expensive) or is there someone in particular I should e-mail?

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
If you attached pictures in the wrong format (e.g. .tiff instead of .jpg) your e-mail went straight into the trash bin and she hasn't even seen it.

Die-Motte

New in Town
Did you use the contact form on Aero´s website? I tried to do that twice and did not get an answer! Just try Amanda`s E-Mail adress as mentioned by HoosierDaddy and your mail will be usually answered the same day!

Flyderf

New in Town
I have had previous correspondence with Amanda. I used the reply address, so I think they are just a bit backed up. No big deal really, with the price increase I already put an order in with another reproduction jacket maker.

I have had previous correspondence with Amanda. I used the reply address, so I think they are just a bit backed up. No big deal really, with the price increase I already put an order in with another reproduction jacket maker.

So why bother with that comment? It's business. No need to make a dig on this thread...Not to mention that Mark has his prices at the old level. Seems you might be just talkin' here.

Last edited:

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Did you use the contact form on Aero´s website? I tried to do that twice and did not get an answer! Just try Amanda`s E-Mail adress as mentioned by HoosierDaddy and your mail will be usually answered the same day!

Yes, that is exactly what I did. I will try Amanda on Monday.

Flyderf

New in Town
So why bother with that comment? It's business. No need to make a dig on this thread...Not to mention that Mark has his prices at the old level. Seems you might be just talkin' here.

Not a dig at all. I also have been inquiring about the status of jacket that is over due, and was supposed to be ready the last week of August. I'm saying Amanda gets backed up on her email every now and then.

Not a dig at all. I also have been inquiring about the status of jacket that is over due, and was supposed to be ready the last week of August. I'm saying Amanda gets backed up on her email every now and then.

Cool. I've seen too many complaining over Aero's price hikes and it's not warranted. Plus, Mark has old prices still!
Of course he may get disowned by Amanda!

Tombrooks621

New in Town
I'm in London for a few months and I always pass this cute menswear boutique that sells Aeros. Maybe check it out online if you're desperate? archeradams.com

Splitcoil

One of the Regulars
I would also ask a couple questions about the condition of a used item, to be on the safe side. I bought a used wool jacket from them once upon a time, and their listing failed to mention a repair and some torn/holey knits. I still love the jacket, and still think it was priced well even considering the damage, but if I'd known about the knits, I'd have paid them to fix it before they shipped it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran