Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buzz Demotex N-1 vs MF Blouson de Quart

Vince in Philly

Familiar Face
I'm interested in picking up a deck jacket for cold weather wear in Philadelphia, where the average low temperature in January is 25 degrees F. My understanding is that the Buzz Demotex version is warmer than their standard N-1. But I really like the N-1 inspired styling of the Mister Freedom Blouson de Quart. Anyone have any experience with this jacket and can comment on how warm it might be vs. the BR N-1? Mister Freedom's return policy is not that flexible (exchange or store credit only) so I'm trying to do my homework before placing an order. Thanks.

Dirtbagdiver

New in Town
Hey Vince, I can see your quandary!... i have a Buzz N-1 which is a an absolute beaut of a jacket... however, that Mister Freedom piece looks awesome, love the mermaid detail on the cuff.... Sorry, I cant help in making your decision, but sympathize as thats gonna be a tough call!..

HPA Rep

Vendor
I'm interested in picking up a deck jacket for cold weather wear in Philadelphia, where the average low temperature in January is 25 degrees F. My understanding is that the Buzz Demotex version is warmer than their standard N-1. But I really like the N-1 inspired styling of the Mister Freedom Blouson de Quart. Anyone have any experience with this jacket and can comment on how warm it might be vs. the BR N-1? Mister Freedom's return policy is not that flexible (exchange or store credit only) so I'm trying to do my homework before placing an order. Thanks.

Greetings from Cherry Hill, NJ, Vince!

I canot comment on the MFSC version of the N-1, other than to say it is made to high standards of quality by the same people who bring us Buzz Rickson's N-1. MFSC items will always cost more than very similar items produced by the same folks, which is to do with not just feature differences that cost more, but also cuts of the pie that must be distributed among more hands involved. But the styling and detailing from MFSC is very often worth it to discerning consumers looking something just that little bit more special, so this is clearly a personal choice.

We stock both the blue and khaki versions of the Buzz Demotex heavyweight N-1's, which are specially made just for us without any stenciling on the backs or fronts (we can also get the versions w/ stenciling), and we offer size 46, which is also made just for us.

If you're interested in one of these N-1's, we have some sizes in stock in khaki, but blue is sold out: both colors will be fully re-stocked later this fall as the N-1's are made only once a year.

Perhaps you've seen these on our website:

BR-U.-S.-Navy-1944-N-1-PLAIN.jpg

https://www.historypreservation.com...-heavy-deck-jacket-non-stenciled-hpa-edition/

N-1-Blue.jpg

https://www.historypreservation.com...-heavy-deck-jacket-non-stenciled-hpa-edition/

Please advise if you need any help or have other questions; we can get you sized correctly with great precision, or so I hope after 27 years. :) Thank you very much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy