Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buzz Rickson´s B-15D

Patton15

New in Town
Hi

I would like to know, why the Buzz Rickson´s jacket B-15D looks sometimes more lighter and sometimes more darker in the colour?! Is it the light, that makes the jacket more grey and sometimes more darker green? Or is the colour changing by the manufacturer from time to time? I like the lighter grey colour more, than the darker green. Have someone experience with that jacket? I would like to order the jacket, but i am not sure, which colour i would get. Can someone help me?

Stand By

One Too Many
Hello Patton and welcome,
I have the Buzz B-15D (bought it 3 years ago) and, like you, hoped it would be more on the grey side of grey-green. However, it is that green-grey that you see and it does depend on the light. But the green hue compliments the grey and the colour is killer, regardless. I accentuate the stunning grey of the collar by wearing grey gloves with it, if that helps at all?
But if you order it and when it arrives that you find it isn't that grey-green you prefer, I guarantee that you won't return it for that! It's a fabulous jacket and the colour, like every detail about it, is 100% authentic. Methinks you'll love it.

Patton15

New in Town
Hello Patton and welcome,
I have the Buzz B-15D (bought it 3 years ago) and, like you, hoped it would be more on the grey side of grey-green. However, it is that green-grey that you see and it does depend on the light. But the green hue compliments the grey and the colour is killer, regardless. I accentuate the stunning grey of the collar by wearing grey gloves with it, if that helps at all?
But if you order it and when it arrives that you find it isn't that grey-green you prefer, I guarantee that you won't return it for that! It's a fabulous jacket and the colour, like every detail about it, is 100% authentic. Methinks you'll love it.
Thank you for your answer Stand By!! I saw your fotos and the jacket fits your very good and look great on you. The colour, that you have, is fantastic. Not to dark. The most Buzz Rickson´s B-15, that i saw right now, are more dark than yours. I hope, that is only the light, as you said.
Take a look: https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/hinoya/item/br14394/

Stand By

One Too Many
Hello Patton,
Thank you for the kind comments and I'm glad that you found my post. I hope it helps you.
The nylon is stunning - and it's funny how the colour shifts depending on light sources and locations. The reason for the metamerism is in the weft and the weave of the fabric and how it catches the light.
How do I know? Because, and I'm sorry to say, I was wearing my jacket when I carried a piece of metal fencing to the back yard and caught the forearm on a snag of wire I didn't expect was there. No, it didn't tear it (it's stronger than it looks, thankfully! It's an exceptional material) but it put a line - like a fine HB pencil line - on the forearm. Man, I was so ticked at myself!
And then I noticed that it's funny how, if I hold the jacket up in one direction to look at this fine line, it's there for me to see - but if I change the angle, it isn't! At all! And that's the weave and the weft exhibiting itself. Clearly the wire cut a "trench" in the filaments of the material that is visible depending how the light catches it - or not.
And it's something I had a drink and got over and simply doesn't vex me anymore. It's really only visible to me if I really look for it and, honestly, I forget it's there. Nobody would ever notice it but me. And I still love it and it still gets more compliments than any other of my jackets.
But now I don't wear it anywhere near any of the metal fences in the back yard anymore! Lesson learned! :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB