Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buzz Rickson B-15C size 48(!) by request ...

ronbo

Familiar Face
Hi Gents - Here's the pics as asked for in the L2-A thread of my Buzz Rickson B-15C in size 48. Circa 2006 I called HPA and said do you have ANY Buzz Rickson jackets in size 48 (on bended knee). The Very Kind Lady there said they had a B-15C blue version in 48. I tried to contain myself as that is THE one I wanted YAY. Here are a few (late night) pics of my well worn/LOVED gem. Enjoy :D -Ronbo
standard.jpg
standard.jpg
standard.jpg
standard.jpg
standard.jpg
standard.jpg

Last edited:

ronbo

Familiar Face
Just to add I also have a BEAUTIFUL Eastman "Redskin" version B-3 and an Aero B-3 (dark brown/ two panel back) and this B-15C keeps me just as warm as either of those. Kindly -Ronbo

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lovely piece of smutter that B-15C (thanks for photos), before you posted I never knew that Buzz had produced a jacket in that size...wonder where I can get me one? I'm a 46" and have noticed that some Buzz jackets are turning up in bigger sizes on the HPA site...might have a chat with Eastmans over here about their future Buzz stock :-D

bn1966

Was very pleased earlier in the year to pick up a used Buzz L2A (transitional model) in size 46" :)

ronbo

Familiar Face
Definitely worth a go. I called HPA again about 6 months ago and asked a gentleman there and he said he hasn't seen a Buzz in size 48 in a long time. I'd LOVE to find an L2-A Buzz in 48. Ever since seeing the film Strategic Air Command I have wanted one. I was also lucky enough to score one of the original 1950's jeweler made pins from the 7th Group out of Carswell Texas (B-36's). They found one of these pins in the Wreck of a 36 up in British Columbia sadly enough. Cheers -Ronbo
standard.jpg

Last edited:

bn1966

Yep! SAC has a lot to answer for. Since watching the film I've purchased the L2A, a B-3 cap & an original N-3A, quite tempted by an N-2A too. I absolutely love that Blue Color!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
They've got real heft. Was taken aback by how solid the BR was. I can wear it over a t-shirt at the moment, though I've been moving towards my Irvin over the past week or so.

bn1966

I want me one of those B-15C Buzz's (will speak to Eastmans next year), still in the Light (ish) zone down South..can just about get away with a poly-fill N-2B. I want a drop in temperature in the region of D1 land followed by a mini-ice age and an outing for the Irvin and N-3A Parka...kinda jealous of your current climate Doc :-D

bn1966

I want one!!!! Will be watching Eastman's 2015 Buzz stock with great interest!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn