Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buzz Rickson L2A Superior Togs Version (Transitional lining)

Edward

Bartender
Of all the postwar American jackets, for me the blue nylons are by far the sharpest. I'd love to complete the set on those.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Stand By said:
I know - it was a great colour. I moved it on as my girlfriend said she was sick of seeing me in all my flight jackets all year round and they all look the same to her (apparently) and they're all brown leather and earth tones … and so I decided to let it go and just wear a denim jacket. I know. I know. I kick myself... And no, I'm not letting this one go.
As a friend of mine says, you can always find another girlfriend.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very sharp this blue nylon Edward...very sharp indeed. Just need it to be cool enough to wear it.

bn1966

I am about to purchase a 'vintage' B2 leather cap to compliment it :)

Stand By

One Too Many
I am about to purchase a 'vintage' B2 leather cap to compliment it :)

And I feel sorely tempted to go for a ridiculously priced Buzz Ricksons baseball cap in the faded red … but I think it'd look great with the L2-A!

PS. And I spoke to Charles at HPA - I should have the jacket by the end of the month. :)

bn1966

Have made the B2 money on eBay tonite selling scooter parts..ordering cap next week in '50 cal' version from ELC to compliment the nylon. Baseball cap sounds like a good plan in the faded red...good news on the L2A at months end.

Stand By

One Too Many
Yep, it arrived about 2 weeks ago along with two Buzz catalogues (2009 and 2014) - but I was just too busy at work to get some photos off for the first week. Then I was on "staycation" and straight away I had to put my old dog down and I've not been in the mood for photos. I'll get it done though.
Suffice to say, it's a total winner and worth shelling out for. Will post soon.
Oh, and my girlfriend really likes it ! And that says everything !

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Yep, it arrived about 2 weeks ago along with two Buzz catalogues (2009 and 2014) - but I was just too busy at work to get some photos off for the first week. Then I was on "staycation" and straight away I had to put my old dog down and I've not been in the mood for photos. I'll get it done though.
Suffice to say, it's a total winner and worth shelling out for. Will post soon.
Oh, and my girlfriend really likes it ! And that says everything !

Mate, if the better half says it's a winner, you've hit the jackpot!

Stand By

One Too Many
Oh, I know, Smithy. There's no harsher critic, but she's really liking this one and fully approves ! But that's Buzz for you. You pay for what you get, I reckon.
And I ordered a new pair of A-10 gloves and they're completely fantastic too - a much better fit than my other pair (I went one 1/2 size up). They're perfect.

bn1966

Made up for you Stand By, & looks like you'll get permission to wear it a lot. A10 are great gloves too, all we need now are a few photos :)

Tommy-VF51

A-List Customer
What's the sizing like on the Buzz L2a, would a 44 swamp someone whose a 42 in leather flight jackets?

HPA Rep

Vendor
What's the sizing like on the Buzz L2a, would a 44 swamp someone whose a 42 in leather flight jackets?

The answer depends on how you want this to fit and your actual body measures; on the surface, it may well be too big. We would, in most instances, suggest a size 40 or 42 if your chest measure was 42", you weren't extremely tall, your waist measure wasn't near or greater than your chest measure, and you wanted a trim fit. If, for example, you wanted a trim fit and you were 6' tall with a 42" chest and a 36" waist and weighed about 185 lbs., a size 40 would give you a trim fit and a 42 a loose fit; in this scenario, the 44 would swim on you.

simon jacket man

Familiar Face
I have this very L2A got it straight from Japan back in the day love the green lining,mine a size 40 normally wear a 42 so seem to be more roomy than A2 jackets,but a great everyday jacket had mine 10 yrs looks like my original Toggs L2a more everyday,enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy