Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

By the time I reach Phoenix...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I wager my next paycheck (or is it last?) that nobody from the UK will ever be buying anything from that shop ^^^
It's too bad, but I can barely get my friends here to understand my affinity for such things :rofl:

I've known people who've bought them in a fit of enthusiasm, only to have them gather dust once they get back home. The only place that cowboy boots get an airing in Glasgow, possibly Scotland, is at the Grand Ol' Oprey (no, really).

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Have a great trip mate! It looks like you are using your spare time a bit more effectively than I. Mind you, I wouldn't be going anywhere if the rugby World Cup was on my doorstep......

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I've known people who've bought them in a fit of enthusiasm, only to have them gather dust once they get back home. The only place that cowboy boots get an airing in Glasgow, possibly Scotland, is at the Grand Ol' Oprey (no, really).

I've wore my cowboyish boots in Scotland last February...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Have a great trip mate! It looks like you are using your spare time a bit more effectively than I. Mind you, I wouldn't be going anywhere if the rugby World Cup was on my doorstep......

When someone else is offering to send you there on their bill, it's very hard to turn down, and our national side is hardly a good reason to stay in the country...

I've wore my cowboyish boots in Scotland last February...

The general shortage of natural daylight will have saved you there.

Hey, we've got both mins of music here.........

:D I've never been in the GOO, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was chicken wire in front of the stage as well!

I wager my next paycheck (or is it last?) that nobody from the UK will ever be buying anything from that shop ^^^
It's too bad, but I can barely get my friends here to understand my affinity for such things :rofl:

I agree with you, just trying to spread the passion. Knew it would generate some comments. Besides, Paul Krause is one of the few making the two piece boot, sometimes referred to as the Wellington. Those originated in the UK, didn't they? :D

RJR

If you go to Tombstone,be sure to continue to Bisbee...Optimo Hats.
North of Phoenix,try Carefree and Watson hats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Temps still 108F (42C) this week but much cooler next week - 91F (33C). Maybe Fall is coming soon to Phoenix, hopefully in time fior your arrival. :smokin:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I realised that yesterday, but I couldn't be bothered changing it. I've experienced the snow-thing driving up to Grand Canyon. We drove into a two minute blizzard, place went white, and then the sun came back out and the road steamed for 10 minutes.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Have to keep in mind the elevation of Williams is almost 7000' whereas Phoenix is I think just over 1000' and the dry adiabatic lapse rate is 7 degrees F per 1000' of elevation.

Stand By

One Too Many
As I said, the moon is something else down there. I accidentally got my old camera damp and it died - so a few years ago I replaced it with a new one and it's another Canon point-and-shoot type, but the quality of it is amazing and things had really come on since my previous one; and it's almost a telephoto lens with a body! It can take amazing long range shots - and if you were in the market for a new camera, Sloan, I think it would be a good investment to consider for the trip, as the atmosphere creates some very vivid colours and the clarity is stunning.
For instance, here are a couple of shots I took of the moon a few years ago just here in Toronto - one on 96x zoom and the other on maximum 120X zoom.
I really wish I could see what it can do down there! I mean, a better shot on a blue sky would be worth printing onto a canvas and putting on a wall! And you could say, "Yeah, I took that."

VolMond.JPG
120x

FullMoon.JPG
96x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto