Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Byrnie Utz is liquidating its inventory this Feb 8th & 9th 2020

KookieMownstah

New in Town
9E79E0D9-429D-4825-9AAF-7E13F68C661E.jpeg
62662433-CBE7-41F2-B766-9A3041C51925.jpeg
Byrnie Utz is liquidating its inventory this Feb 8th & 9th @ the Old Rainier Brewery in Seattle. Hats will be 50% off (possibly even more depending on turn out of the sale). Old hat boxes and memorabilia from the store will also be up for sale.

I signed up for this website so I could let y’all know the sale is going on. Is there anywhere else that I could post this to let any Byrnie fans know?

There’s an event on Facebook outlining all the details of the sale.

So33

One of the Regulars
I've lived in and around Seattle all my life. How did I not know of this Golden era hat shop?
Been wearing hats more often since going bald.
I'll have to stop by the sale.

I've lived in and around Seattle all my life. How did I not know of this Golden era hat shop?
Been wearing hats more often since going bald.
I'll have to stop by the sale.
The store closed a year ago so I think this will be truly a 'garage sale' of leftovers. From the pics it looks to be a great source for boxes. I live up the I5, 2 hours or so....tempting but not enough to spend the time/money on hat boxes......enticing as they are.

The store closed a year ago so I think this will be truly a 'garage sale' of leftovers. From the pics it looks to be a great source for boxes. I live up the I5, 2 hours or so....tempting but not enough to spend the time/money on hat boxes......enticing as they are.

If I lived 1-2 hours away, I'd be tempted to see what kind of historical tchochkes they might have.

If I lived 1-2 hours away, I'd be tempted to see what kind of historical tchochkes they might have.
I am sorely tempted but I have an engagement with a buddy and I am loathe to break it. I hate the 'better offer' type of friendships/commitment having dropped 'friends' that were inclined to accept engagements and then cancel when something else came up. I named them my 'better offer friends' and they soon became ex. But still a car load of new hat boxes is tempting.

RBH

Bartender
If you attend and find someone there who might know a little history, I'd love information on the connection between the Seattle Utz and the Medford Utz. I called to ask but the store had already closed.

View attachment 209362

Alan not to hijack this thread but here is what I came across.

aU8DNV.jpg

And being an avid ancestry junkie....I found this in the 1910 census.
It would seem they were brothers.

fYctfY.jpg

Alan not to hijack this thread but here is what I came across.

aU8DNV.jpg

And being an avid ancestry junkie....I found this in the 1910 census.
It would seem they were brothers.

fYctfY.jpg

Fantastic info, Rusty. This may explain why they set up in Washington state.
In hardscrabble New York, they were probably tired of being called “the Yutz Boys...”

Submitted in the most respectful intent, of course.

Leon_G

New in Town
Grrrr....... just now seeing this. Only 1.5 hrs away, so could have added nicely to the collection. Maybe they will do another for the items they didn't move on this sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner