Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cafe racer jackets: opinions on these linings and leather thickness

That Japanese jacket Theroux is wearing in the first few photos is a bit heavier than Cooper's Brooks. But other jackets Theroux is seen in are all around the same weight. Fidelity, one he's been wearing a lot in the past, tends to be heavier than the Brooks. Horsehide Fidelity is a really tough jacket! But the rest is a standard mid-weight stuff.

In my experience, the only really heavy vintage CR's came from Bates, Cal and Taubers. Taubers worked with the nicest leather ever in the history of everything.

opiusmaximus

New in Town
Justin Theroux is wearing a jean shop leather jacket. They are $2500 and come in a few hides (horse, cow, etc). Brad Cooper is wearing a typical old brooks which are a dime a dozen on eBay. Jean Shop has a website but that jacket can be copied for much less.

Oakbark

Familiar Face
@opiusmaximus ...Oh....it's that jacket indeed. I firstly thought he was a wearing a Mastemind Japan Leather Jacket as I've found an article talking about it, but looking at the Jean Shop website I see they have that same jacket.
So that jacket is goatskin ( hand washed and distressed ) that's why that beaten look and has a quilted lining, which helps me a lot to determine other similar jacket with quilted lining, even if I'm reading on their website that it has a polyester lining.
I bet I shouldn't look for goatskin jackets generally speaking if I want a similar effect, cause this particular one worn by Theroux is hand washed and distressed by the Maker itself

jeanshopmens+moto_black+goat.png

jeanshowerg.jpg

jeanshopr.jpg

jeanssshf.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace