Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cal-Leathers Ventura (vintage late 50's early 60's)

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Hello folks, as the title states, I have a Cal-Leathers Ventura with a shirt-type collar for sale that is approximately late 50's in vintage. I estimate the size to be mens' 40 or a snug 42. I picked this up from Kosay a while back. I would not part with it except it is just a bit too small in a few key dimensions. For being this old, it's in wonderful condition. No odd odors or stains, it could use a good coat of leather treatment in the near future.

Details I can find with this jacket:
  • Lining is nearly perfect (see photos)
  • No tags (common with Cal-leathers of this vintage) however there are several details that indicate it certainly is a Cal-Leathers
  • Both sleeves at the cuff end have a short fur lining to prevent wind from going up the sleeves.
  • Jacket is horsehide, which is in very nice condition for vintage jacket
  • Main zipper is a YKK and appears to have been replaced at some point.
  • All other zippers are Talon and appear original
  • Original side laces are included, still hanging on.
  • One very small area in the lining at the arm pit that could use a needle and thread (see photo).
Asking $325.00 shipped in CONUS
Pay Pal only...

Size: (Apx a men's 40)
  • Torso length 20"
  • Shoulders 20"
  • Pit to Pit 22.5"
  • Waist 21" (Adjustable with laces)
  • Sleeve straight 25" Around curve 26"
  • Back length 25"
DSC_0295.JPG
DSC_0309.JPG
DSC_0319.JPG
DSC_0322.JPG
DSC_0313.JPG DSC_0316.JPG DSC_0315.JPG DSC_0325.JPG

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I would say you are correct! I can get it on and zipped with a t-shirt on, no more. A true size 40 would not zip up on me. Thanks! :)

4T2

New in Town
Hey all, putting this one back up for sale again. I love the look, the leather is in beautiful shape with a great patina, and it fits me well. Like many of us, I just have too many jackets, and this one isnt getting the wear it deserves. I probably had it on outside the house twice since I bought it, so it remains just as in the photos above. Price is 325 (PPFF) plus the cost to ship it to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner