Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

California half belt replace original lining or not?

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Friends, Here is a nice 50s super soft leather half belt. The jacket is long for me and I will most likely will sell. I acquire
a very cool period correct satin like "silky" lining fabric. Should I replace or keep it OG.

Welcome any input!
View attachment 377875
IMG-4867.jpg
IMG-4869.jpg
IMG-4870.jpg
IMG-4872.jpg
IMG_E4871.JPG
IMG_E4873.JPG

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I would leave it as it is if you intend to sell the jacket on.
From what i have seen you won't make any money from changin the lining and trying to sell it relined, if anything you will be lucky to break even.
Keep the fabric for a jacket you want to use.

I’ve got a few vintage pieces that could use a new liner as well. It’s an expensive endeavor and as Carlos said, do it only if you intend to keep it.
If you do go through with it, I can’t recommend Dena enough. She’s done three for me and the result was flawless. She is also very good about preserving the original tags.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Looks like the original lining is in perfect condition, why are you thinking of replacing it?
Also, I hate selling this gorgeous CAPE SKIN jacket without a nice lining. It just does not make sense to me. Dena, would be my first choice for this jacket if I ever replace the lining. I was thinking a pleasant acetate type. Smooth and silky. No polyester.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Also, I hate selling this gorgeous CAPE SKIN jacket without a nice lining. It just does not make sense to me. Dena, would be my first choice for this jacket if I ever replace the lining. I was thinking a pleasant acetate type. Smooth and silky. No polyester.
Cape Skin? Cool!

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Cape Skin? Cool!

Forgot to mention that... I will send you the images. This jacket was a favorite of mine. But the arms were just so very long for a half belt that I hardly wore it. The jacket is early 40s I think. Based on what I have seen. The hide and color looks very much like Terrie's half belt. Mine has been worn and is not pristine condition, but you can actually tell is the same hide. Much more used of course... I am speculating, but I think they were made approximately the same year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy