Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camp Ironsights

Renault

One Too Many
Leaving for mountains of New Mexico tomorrow night. Stated convocation of Camp Ironsights all week! Plenty old wore out iron and wood to be tested and shot!!!

I'll try to get snap a few photos!!! Be back in a week!

Bob

RJR

The elusive and enigmatic "Wifey" I occasionally refer to! Here we are last Friday morning. We are headed afield on a hunt!!!!! This is a big thing for her as she has not been away from our house ( except at hospital)for an overnighter in 4 years!! This was her first trip out!!!!

I'm glad she's able to make the trip.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Yeah, and you don't have to wonder what you're going to do with a whole elk. I shot a bison one year and it took my late wife and I over a year to eat it even though we gave gobs of it away. A quail or two I can eat by myself.

Renault

One Too Many
Oh! Elk is cut up or ground up and in the freezer. 91 lbs hamburger, 30 lbs pan sausage and a bunch of steaks!!!! I know what's gonna happen to it. Once my little Carnivore grandchildren get ahold of it! :D. They love it!!!

RJR

I keep coming back to this thread because I sure do like "the look" Renault has developed.

Here I am a couple years ago (well, ok, about 35 years ago). I sure do wish I could recreate that look - in more ways than one.

;) I know the feeling all too well.

Renault

One Too Many
Hello the camp!

Been busy with all the things that make life
so dang interesting. Did manage to get to the south Texas place for a quick and quiet retreat. No quail anywhere, Sarge! Too many hogs!! Think they've done a number on the population. But I did score a nilgai cow with the 9.3x62.

Hope all had pleasant Christmas.

Happy New Year!

Renault

greatestescaper

One of the Regulars
Hogs are tough, and always on the move. Suddenly this past year we've started seeing sign, and spotting hogs closer and closer to Alpine. Working their way over ranches and farms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points