Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camptown '1957 Legend'...Excited About It!

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
That skull with the hat Looks like this to me:

4819056.2195057.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
:eusa_clap Nice hat, Dan!!!!!!:eusa_clap

That first shot reminds me of something..... !!!! :D

Why, thank you R! :D
Would that be a certain straw we both like? ;) BTW, I saw your re-bash, looked great! :eusa_clap

Colby Jack said:
Now there's a great Indy-esque shot....Bravo DJ!:eusa_clap

Thanks Jack!:D I think Fedora Lover would enjoy the bamboo here. ;)

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
OldSkoolFrat said:
That skull with the hat Looks like this to me:

4819056.2195057.jpg

Funny, I didn't even think of that when I took that shot. Good eye. Whenever we go to Disneyland & I'm wearing a different hat I try to get a shot of that skull with my hat on, which ever it may be. :) Who know's what it will be next.

Cheers!

Dan

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Camptown Metro pics

th_DSCN0584.jpg

th_DSCN0586.jpg

th_DSCN0599.jpg

th_DSCN0598.jpg

So here are the pictures finally. I bashed it in a diamond, but I'm a little concerned that the brim may be too wide for the crown height. I've found that this height works well for my broad mug, but is the brim too wide? I'd appreciate opinions.

Thanks.

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
Wow, nice that folks are getting their Legend hats in hand. :eusa_clap

I'm still waiting on a Fieldmaster that was ordered back in March. Guess the older styles just take a backseat.

Guess I can just kiss my $$ goodbye.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
kaosharper1 said:
th_DSCN0584.jpg

th_DSCN0586.jpg

th_DSCN0599.jpg

th_DSCN0598.jpg

So here are the pictures finally. I bashed it in a diamond, but I'm a little concerned that the brim may be too wide for the crown height. I've found that this height works well for my broad mug, but is the brim too wide? I'd appreciate opinions.

Thanks.
KAO...I think it looks great on ya!...You don't need to do anything...:eusa_clap

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
I understand that Ken is not taking any new orders until he catches up on the present orders. He might start to take new orders sometime in December...He's lawyering again and trying to get his finances stable enough that he can continue to make hats...

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
Colby Jack said:
I understand that Ken is not taking any new orders until he catches up on the present orders. He might start to take new orders sometime in December...He's lawyering again and trying to get his finances stable enough that he can continue to make hats...

My order was 6-7 months ago, hardly a, "new order." Live and learn I guess.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
OldSkoolFrat said:

If you're waiting for him for crease it, you may just want to take it open crowned. That's what I did and I think it sped things up.

Custom79

One of the Regulars
Sadly...

I placed my order with Ken for a 1936 Fieldmaster back on April 13th.

Today, after much waiting and reading many posts on the wires about others ordering their hats after mine and receiving their hats some time ago, I dropped Ken a note asking that my order be cancelled and my funds returned.

I don't have any hard feelings about the situation, I just needed to do what was in my best interests.

I wish Ken well in his future endeavours.

Regards.

C79

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
OldSkoolFrat said:
Sorry to hear that OldSkoolFrat...I've been thinking about getting a Fieldmaster also...and it seems that the wait time is questionable to a lot of people. I'd be chewing on the table leg right now if I were you. I can understand the wait for something from Steve Delk, but I don't get the wait time for a Camptown.
I know (from what I've read on all the forums) that Ken is a great guy, but I think he needs to be more up front on the wait. I'm sure he would rather be making hats and shipping them out the door. There are plenty of people making custom hats, and they can stick to a time frame. I hope Ken can eventually do the same. So I'll wait and see what happens.[huh] :D

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I received a heads-up from Ken today. He says that he has "4 hats to go out by mon/tues, depending on how much I am in my office this weekend. Yes...this weekend. New job @ large lawfirm very intense right now." So, hopefully those that are waiting on their lids will be getting theirs soon.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran