Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can anyone out there help a young girl who doesn't know what to do with her hair??

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I'm looking for some advice as well. Since I've cut my hair shorter again I've been really wanting to try pin curls, so I bought some pin curl clips on eBay the other night but couldn't wait to try them last night. I found it EXTREMELY difficult to get all the ends into the curl without sticking out and even unraveling the whole thing. I resorted to using end papers and it helped but I'm not sure it was best for the look. This morning I found the result to be sort of 50/50. My hair was very thick, but a bit crimped from the denting of the bobby pins, and the curls were not tight at all. Some of them at the back were a very odd half straight/half randomly kinked shape. I polished the look with my hot rollers as usual so it looked quite cute after that, and right now I'm excited that for the first time EVER my curls have not fallen *at all*. So at least I have that going for me.
Can any of you ladies help me with this?

if you're rolling the pin curl with straight hair it's very difficult to get the ends to stay in place, so my technique is to roll from the base of the strand rather than the end... i.e. put your finger at the base of the strand you're curling and then wind the hair around your finger, slide your finger out and clip. Does that make sense? You want to make sure that you're not putting too much hair into each pin curl, if they come out too loose. The smaller the strand of hair, the tighter the curl. Also, don't use bobby pins because they will crimp the hair, only use the pin curl clips because they don't do that! :). Hope that helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo