Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cannabis smell. How to get rid of?

I ordered a can this morning. So you sprayed the stuff directly onto the jacket?

Spray around the interior of the jacket. It’s dense so you will see it sort of hang around. Basically I would hang the jacket in my outdoor patio, open it up & spray, and then just leave it outside. I would do that for as long as it took.

Edit: You can put the jacket in a box or container and then spray the interior of the box. Use it in a similar manner as an ozone machine. Though the actual machine is much better.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
how about that UV-C light that is also producing ozone? and eliminating bacterias fungus and odor? I have one because of covid lol, maybe it will patina the hide since UV radiation and kill the odor 2 in 1 action? :)

how about that UV-C light that is also producing ozone? and eliminating bacterias fungus and odor? I have one because of covid lol, maybe it will patina the hide since UV radiation and kill the odor 2 in 1 action? :)

I have one of those installed within my AC unit. You joke, but I imagine that would work too. Especially with jackets sporting some sort of growth. You got me thinking.

Edward

Bartender
I dont keep track but i’m assuming its been legalized in a ton of states since the thread was started. Dispensaries all over the place in IL

Here in England in recent times they seem to have lightened the law - I believe it's still illegal to deal in it, but they seem no longer to bother anyone simply for using. I wish they hadn't, tbh - there's suddenly a *lot* of it being openly smoked this last year in our area, and I've grown to hate the smell as much as the stink of a 'normal' cigarette. It seems to cling to everything much more, as well.

Jimmy Shinki

Familiar Face
I have one of those installed within my AC unit. You joke, but I imagine that would work too. Especially with jackets sporting some sort of growth. You got me thinking.
I recently picked up a 50's German mc jacket off the bay. Decent leather with plenty of brown tones coming through. The quality of the build pleasantly surprised me. Problem is the musty aroma. I've searched the forum and seems the jury is still out on how to get rid of the funk. I think I'll give it several good mistings with white vinegar (inside and out) followed by airing outside. Maybe even a cold wash in the washing machine as a last resort. Does anyone have any other recommendations/success stories?

White vinegar misting and airing out works, but takes time. Must repeat the process.

Washing machine works, but has risks.

I like the ozone machine in a box with the jacket, then air out. Repeat as required but should not take long. Definitely less time than the vinegar misting.

Jimmy Shinki

Familiar Face
White vinegar misting and airing out works, but takes time. Must repeat the process.

Washing machine works, but has risks.

I like the ozone machine in a box with the jacket, then air out. Repeat as required but should not take long. Definitely less time than the vinegar misting.
Thanks JMax, will look into the ozone machine.

The smaller the space the better. People did it in a car. Just don't get into the car before it is aired out...:)

And of course, the size of the ozone machine also matters. They have pocket sized ones. I have a tiny one and another for large rooms.

Bahabp100

Practically Family
I have used this with much success. $50 Amazon 5000 units ozone for 500 square feet but use it in a smaller bathroom
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B084X6FKQH?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
BA36BDAE-7BB9-4AEC-B5FA-2C0C2A8CEF10.jpeg

Last edited:

Al 916

One Too Many
And of course, the size of the ozone machine also matters. They have pocket sized ones. I have a tiny one and another for large rooms.

Would you think your small generator would take a musty smell from a single jacket if placed in a car?

willyto

One Too Many
I've seen in some auto laundry shops that there are now Ozone machines with horizontal loading. I might give it a try with some old clothes I have.

Would you think your small generator would take a musty smell from a single jacket if placed in a car?

I have a small one and one similar to what BahaBP posted. The larger one is much better obviously. The little one works if I run it with the jacket in a box or bag. It may work in a car tho, I’ve just never tried it. It may take a few sessions with the smaller generator. IMO, what Baha posted is the way.

Al 916

One Too Many
5,000 mg/h against 100 is a certainty however Only a couple of low priced 60's jackets and over here that piece of kit is nearer to $110

I also need to be very careful, my lady is seriously asthmatic so thinking a battery unit and the car as a sealed and easily vented environment.

Thanks chaps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko