Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Care of a leather jacket.

Peacoat

Bartender
For what it’s worth I’ve used vaseline on a old schott cowhide peacoat I washed in the washing machine ( from memory with soap) left the leather very soft and rejuvenated after the leather had soaked up the vaseline, from my google research I’ve found some people saying vaseline is bad some saying it’s good, Pecards doesn’t seem to be readily available anywhere that I’ve looked here in Australia.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In Australia you don't need Pecard; you have your own excellent conditioner vouched for in the past by several Aussie members. Try RM Williams; should be readily available. Here is a link: http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/leather-conditioner/CC245LD.html?lang=en_AU

Peacoat

Bartender
Thanks, Did it affect the colour after the Vaseline?
The color (patina) will probably be affected. I have a Schott Cafe Racer that is really bleached out. As it was getting dry, I put a light coat of Lexol on it. Well it ruined the salty look it had developed over the years and turned it back to black. Took another season of riding to get it back right again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy