Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carry on?

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Box it all up and UPS/US Mail it to yourself c/o where you'll be staying a few days ahead of leaving so it's there when you get there. Then UPS/US Mail it back...or dump whatever liquid remains and bring the empties home with you to refill for your next trip.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Babydoll said:
I travel -a lot- for work, so I've become quite a pro at packing for carry on only. I freaked when they changed the rules for what can be taken onboard, but I've adjusted what I take with me a bit and it still all fits in the baggie. Here's an example of what I take:

Feel free to PM me if you want more travel tips. I recently did a nine day trip in a carry on suitcase and a backpack. When I go to Alaska next month, I'll pack for 3 days in my backpack. Traveling light totally can be done!

Happy travels!

I just may take you up on this....if not for this trip...which is admittedly short and sweet....but I am currently in the running for a job that will be 2/3 travel....so that will be challenging....

Kishtu

Practically Family
In camping shops you can buy small reusable clear plastic screw-top bottles (we keep coffee and powdered milk in 'em for when we go camping - I think they're about 75ml size?)

Would they be any good for you?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I found a set of the right size bottles that i can fill.....luckily was at a discount store too!

so the shampoo thing is now covered..just need to do a wet-run to see how much other stuff I can cram in the ziploc baggie lol

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
And now is where I admit that you all were right and I was so horribly wrong about how much crud you can fit in a quart bag.

I have done a -test- and so far:

Weleda Almond cleansing lotion
Weleda Almond moisture cream
my shampoo bottle (to be filled with t-gel)
a tube of conditioner
a tube of body wash
a small mouthwash concentrate
toothpaste
a small tube of shave cream
a small tube of lotion

Some of these items may or may not stay depending on whether i find a solid substitute...

all i have to add is a small perfume atomizer..(saw one at sephora that will still fit)

and voila...

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
Boy am I the right girl to talk to. I travel a bit and always keep my "travel drawer" loaded with my travel favs.

Here are some ways to scratch stuff out of the baggie:
*Powder toothpaste (available at Whole Foods/health food store). It is a small bottle of baking powder based toothpaste.
*Ponds dry cleaning puffs. They are face wipies but not wet.
*Aquolina Pink Sugar solid perfume
*Travel size container of coco butter solid or Body butter from The Body Shop (they are more solid than other brands of butters).
*3 in 1 body wash / shampoo. I use Philosopy brand cuz it seems to be nicer. I know you said you wanted t-gel shampoo but the Body Shop has a tea tree oil all-over wash.
*FYI for others... you can get solid shampoo and solid conditioner at Lush.

I am too organized so bear with me. When I started doing a lot of traveling I sat down and made a list of what it took to make me cute. First thing I noticed is that the list was too long. So I cut down in product. Then I went out specifically looking for non-liquid alternatives. Thats when the powder toothpaste was discovered. I usually only have a few things in my baggie. stuff like mascara (although I'm looking for a solid), lip gloss (a MUST for me), sunscreen, and a travel size contact water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot