Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cars then and Now

Michaelson

One Too Many
Yep, but then that's a definition/debate that rages in not only this field, but other fields of collecting as well. Is a car original in 'restoration' to factory spec, or is it restored 'as found'? I have no problem accepting the definition 'as found', but then that's just me. The purists will not accept anything as 'restored' unless it has the exact same engine and parts as listed on the original factory invoice. No problem for me with that definition either. I have never had the time, funds, or patience to pursue it to that extent.

Loose or tight, the car mentioned was restored to fine running as found condition, and is no longer sitting in a barn as a potential crushing candidate for the local scrap metal yard.

My theory is that it may have been an original 'ratrod' in it's day. We'll never know.

Regards! Michaelson

30sbound

New in Town
'30s Style

...now if only I could look as classy as my 38 Packard!
459643607KcPvZE_ph.jpg

The Captain

One of the Regulars
It nearly broke my heart to see these '50s Chevy pickups melting away in the damp northern California air, but I just couldn't take on a project to save one of them without feeling guilty that I left the others behind. I had a five-window ('52) back in the early '60s and I'll always miss it.
49926751.Chevy5.jpg

Canon 300D

swinggal

One Too Many
Ny dad has restored vintage cars since his teens.

He has 1945 TC MJ and a 1928 A Model Ford that he and my pop began restoring in the early 1970's. Dad finished it when pop passed away. I know that it was a rusted out old shell when they got it and it amazes me to see what he as done. He is a mechanic also, and will make his own engine parts from scratch if he has too.

This is same year and Model as Dads but his is cream with green leather seats.
10006fs.jpg

I grew up around vintage and veteran cars as my dad was the treasurer of the vintage car club in the town where I lived as a kid...still is!! I'm a big fan of 30s cars myself. Like the Chord, Airflow, etc. The extremely stramline cars of the time.

I (and my dad) can't stand to see vintage and veteran cars 'bastardized' and made into hot rods. Makes me cringe.

Wild Root

Gone Home
I'm a stock guy. I like my old cars OLD! I even have kept my Plymouth a 6volt.

Cords and Chrysler/DeSoto Airflows are swell! But, have any of you seen a 1939 Graham?

1939graham0kb.jpg

Cars and Art Deco seem to just go together!

Here is a "One Off" a 1939 Graham convertible. It's cheaper then a Cord! Sold for $85,000.00

39graham.jpg

30's and 40's cars are my faves, but there is only one car from the 50's I'd ever want to own... The 1951 Hudson Hornet!
P1010001-33.JPG

Root.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
So many to choose from...

My father had a bunch of cars over the years that I wish he still had. Just to name a few.
His first car was a 1929 Ford Model A coupe.
And then the list goes from there.
1936 Cord
1939 Graham Paige
1940 Ford Delux Convertable
1949 Buick Roadmaster
then his first new car, a 1955 Ford Crown Vistoria

My personal choice from that list is the Cord. Great car! One day I will have the vintage of my dreams. Until then the dreams will have to do.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran