Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CASH FOR CLUNKERS

jpbales

Practically Family
my bad...

somehow I managed to miss the part about donating them to veterans :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:
It makes much more sense now lol

Inusuit said:
As I understand this program, it is not necesssarily intended to be a "good deal" for either the donor or Art. Art will not "boost his stock" because he is refurbishing the donated hats and giving them to disabled veterans. And remember that the $25 credit comes out of Art's profit on your next purchase, regardless what it cost to ship the hats to him. In my case I sent two hats and shipping was almost $20.

My "incentive" was to brighten the day of a couple of guys who paid a high price for their service to our country. The amount of the credit was not a factor in my decision to donate a couple of hats I no longer wear.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Boy, I'm surprised this thread is still running!! Been away for a bit and am pleased to tell everyone that I have 5 hats now to donate and have made the first contact with the local "Dom" so we are rolling with it, however slowly. . Evan, Garrett, NB, thanks!!!!

Thanks for rereading JBales..you got my point on the second trip through.:D

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Boy, some of this thread is missing from the crash last year. what is missing is the ending. We ended up donating over a dozen hats ( 15 if memory serves right) and the "Dom" actually sent a letter thanking us for putting the program together and following thru with it. Like many northern parts of the country, it's get pretty cold here in the winter.
What I'm leading up to Gents is this. I received a call from the Dom representative asking if I would consider doing it again so, I'm putting it out there for your consideration. If you are willing to part with some hats that you don't wear anymore and are considering having me make a hat for you sometime in the future, I would be happy to offer the same deal and make sure the Vets know they where the hats are coming from. I will make sure they are wearable cleaned before taking them down the mountain.
What say you Gents? Can we make Christmas a little warmer for a Vet?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Art; I am willing. If small headed vet's would appreciate - I will assist. Yell the details, timing and I am a go sir.

I am sensitive as my youngest brother retired from active service this year - 101st Airbourne Ranger patch proudly on his sleeve, pants tucked into boots and a stored beret on his shoulder. After 20 years of supporting my brother with his many tours of war vones (Haiti, Serbia, S. Amer., several Kuwait, Iraq - Gulf and current, Afganistan) I am hyper concious of being appreciate and showing my appreciation.

Waiting for the "go" word, Eric -

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Count me in, Art! Where do we send the hats?

Thanks Zetwal, Eric & Josh... just send them to PO Box 334, Butte Falls, Or. 97522 with a note & I'll do the rest.

I wish they had called earlier for one main reason that people here should know about. For Christmas money my wife Ebay's vintage items we have left over including a few hats that I don't wear or have been part of my collection. Hats that you send will not be a part of this process but need you to understand that before the question even comes up. As with 2009 I get nothing out of this other than a great deal of satisfaction.
SBG, my brother in law is retiring today from his civil job but he spent 2 tours "in country" and will be living here on the property ( building a cabin for him next spring) with us. So, I"m pretty sensitive also.

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Count me in Art. I'll go through the closets and see what's hiding that I've forgotten about or will never wear again.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Here is the physical address for you Tom and any others that need to ship UPS or FEDEX. They WILL deliver to me where USPS won't.

VS Custom Hats
3158 Cobleigh Road
Eagle Point, Or. 97524

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just need to thank you gentlemen that have sent hats. JJ, DavidD, and OG, Thank you!!!. I have bargained away from my wife the hats I donated to her Christmas fund and they are now going to the Dom instead of being sold ( yes, two guys will be wearing VS customs) . I could hardly ask for you to donate & not do it myself.
I will be collecting hats till Dec 15th so you still have time to give up your "clunkers" with thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy