Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cellulite - the dreaded.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Naama said:
A few weeks ago I was reading a medical magazin about cellulite and there it was said that the only way to really get rid of it is surgery or ultrasonics. You can make it better with sports but cremes, brushes and things don't work at all! Because the problem is that the conjunctive tissue is too weak, it breaks, and the fat comes through, that's the reason for cellulite. Not even loosing weight helps, it can even make it worse! Trust me I've been there :mad:

Well nothing can completely eliminate it, but most of the methods described here can help, at least a little bit, in minimizing the appearance.

As for drinking water after deep tissue massage, or any massage for that matter, it's a must, and most massage therapists will tell you to drink a lot of water after your treatment. There are a lot of toxins released into your body during massage and water is a must for helping to flush them out.

Caroline

One of the Regulars
Naama said:
A few weeks ago I was reading a medical magazin about cellulite and there it was said that the only way to really get rid of it is surgery or ultrasonics. You can make it better with sports but cremes, brushes and things don't work at all! Because the problem is that the conjunctive tissue is too weak, it breaks, and the fat comes through, that's the reason for cellulite. Not even loosing weight helps, it can even make it worse! Trust me I've been there :mad:
I have to agree, I'm afraid. I think the only thing that helps is building up the muscle underneath. When I did a lot of gym time in my 20's, this helped, but did not eliminate it, especially on the *ahem* more fleshy areas of the body. I think it's all a matter of how delicate and thin your skin is. So, if you have lovely skin, you may be more prone? I noticed this affliction on my body when I was in my early teens and it's stuck to one degree or another, so I don't worry about it all that much. Basically you can become a triathelete, an anorexic, or live with it. Bah!

jayem

A-List Customer
I have cellulite like no tomorrow, or at least I used to. I've used various creams, massages, the works... but the only thing that really helped was plenty of water and some good exercise. Aerobics usually work, but if you have health problems that restrict aerobic exercise, yoga/pilates and weight lifting also works.
Cellulite is a combination of diet and genetics, not just solely one or the other. I know women who are much chubbier than me with little to no cellulite, and I know girls who are thin as rails with much more.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Well, I'm proud to say that I decided not to care and went out in public in my short shorts over the weekend! I doubt anybody else cares about the state of my thighs and if anyone did notice it maybe it made them feel better about theirs :)

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Well, I'm proud to say that I decided not to care and went out in public in my short shorts over the weekend! I doubt anybody else cares about the state of my thighs and if anyone did notice it maybe it made them feel better about theirs :)

I love your attitude!!:eusa_clap

Mary

Practically Family
Yeah! I do to! :eusa_clap

There's nothing more boring than being body obsessed and nothing less boring than be clothes obsessed!!!:)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Mary said:
There's nothing more boring than being body obsessed and nothing less boring than be clothes obsessed!!!:)

I agree with the former, but not with the latter. Have you ever been around someone who really only cared about clothes? All you can think is, "REALLY? There's nothing else going on inside that pea-sized brain of yours?" BOOOOOOORING

Midgetqueen

New in Town
Holy cow!

Maybe I'm just a freak and maybe there's another factor at work here that I'm missing, but I have not increased my water intake all that much, as I drink loads anyway (at least 3-4 liters a day), and I have only increased my exercise a little bit. But for the past two days I have been massaging (not just a rub, but a few good minutes' massage and it feels awesome!) vitamin E oil into my legs, thighs, and rear. I read about the massage thing on here and I thought it was hogwash, but I swear that just in the past couple of days I have noticed difference in the visibility of cellulite in my thighs and rear. Crazy!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Lola Valentine said:
As one of my friends said about her cellulite "It took a lot of good living for me to look this way.":)

HA! what a great perspective! I have only seen it on my thighs, but it is extremely rare I wear anything that shows thighs anyway. On the beach I make sure to lay down as flat as possible or jump in the water.. I never jump about the beach or take a stroll in the edge of the water.

MissHannah - 36" hips! I need a jelaous smiley here..

Swing Kitty

New in Town
I recently started ballet, and I've noticed an improvement in my cellulite, which used to be quite bad...and I'm only 25! Bloody annoying, but I eat really healthy and drink loads of water, so I really think it's just my tough luck!

Ooh, and I cut out (most of) the cheese that I eat. I used to be an absolute cheese fiend, but since I've cut down, that's made a bit of a difference. I'm not cutting it out completely though. I'd rather have a wobbly bottom then not be able to eat cheese! :D

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I've also seen ads on TV recently for this cellulite massager called Celluless. Who knows if it works, or even helps, but it seems very similar to another, very expensive cellulite treatment called Endermologie. Both are forms of massage.

Goldfish

A-List Customer
We have a similar product here in Germany called Vaculift:
http://vaculifter.eu/en/index.php
There are also glass cups(cheaper!) you can buy to massage your body, but I got the Vaculift because it's plastic so it won't break when I drop it - and I already dropped it... haha! :rolleyes:
A lot of people noticed good results after using it, of course you have to use it everyday and for some weeks to see results, but it works for me!

lyburnum

Practically Family
Hey I'm only 22 and I'm already finding it appearing on the back of my thighs and bum - so if you're in your 30s and it's appearing you've had a pretty decent run without it (damn you)! Cellulite runs in the family unfortunately. Running makes a big difference for me, I haven't run or cycled in a long while so it's started to come back. However as the weather is warming up and I'm starting to work full time, I'm probably going to start cycling into work every day again which should help.

MissHannah

One Too Many
I think I was about 22 when the first bits appeared even though I literally only weighed 7 stone!!! It wasn't visible unless you squeezed though! It's progress has been very slow since then thankfully so no need to panic just yet lyburnum - plus you exercise and I never did any until last year (and that petered out pretty quickly!).

Dani California

Familiar Face
Exercise!!....dry brushing...drink plenty of water...oh, and massaging the area with your body lotion after a shower helps too. Exercising is the key though. One good one for that area is to walk backwards up a hill (if you have one in the neighborhood:)). Sounds silly, but really does work the back area.

bettier

New in Town
I've been graced with thunder thighs all of my life. I noticed cellulite as a teenager. Now, I work out often, eat right, and drink lots of water. I've been using a product from Soap and Glory called Slimwear. It has helped with the appearance of the cellulite. :)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I have a theory and who knows if I'm right or not but I think it has a lot to do with the food we eat. Everything is modified and filled with preservatives, oh I hate to think about the chemicals we ingest daily even on fresh fruit and vegetables. After all look back at the women before the 1960's no cellulite there, food changed it became convenient, frozen and needed additives to keep. A perfect example of the first cellulite I've noticed in the 60's was on Jayne Mansfield. It's just my 2 cents.
JAYNEMANSFIELDMICKEYBEACH-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou