Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charlton Heston Gone at 84

Hondo

One Too Many
Original always the best, and especially George Taylors:

Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!

Sefton said:
My favorite is still the cynical Col.Taylor:
planetotapes2eo2.jpg

Farewell "Bright Eyes".

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Hondo said:
Original always the best, and especially George Taylors:

Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!
Yes,it was a thankless job that James Franciscus had trying to fill Heston's shoes in the Apes movies (I was going to say "fill his loincloth" but I'm sure it would be taken to be something wholly other than my meaning!)

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
While I may not have always agreed with his politics, I always liked his movie roles -- Ten Commandments, Ben Hur, El Cid, Planet of the Apes, and all the great historical figures he played, from John the Baptist to Andrew Jackson.

I always loved his voice and that face, which he described as belonging to another century.

RIP, Mr. Heston.

karol

Hondo

One Too Many
What ever you may think, he was an actor, a good one in many films,
I'm reminded of another one "Will Penny"
I just saw Khartoum a few weeks ago. Both good character studys.
and in The Omega Man, remember him reciting Woodstock film, "Theres a thousand people out there…" I can't help but think of his fims, very true, they don't make actors him any more.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/07/obit.heston.ap/index.html

Haversack

One Too Many
My favourite role that Heston played was that of Cardinal Richelieu in Richard Lester's _The 3/4 Musketeers_. Elegant, pragmatic menace. Its too bad that time is out of sync for Heston to similarly play Vetinari.

Added to this is his role as Chrysagon in _The War Lord_.

Haversack.

Jovan

Suspended
Doctor Strange said:
I'm no fan of his latter-day politics, but I won't hold that against him now... He had a remarkable ability to make larger-than-life characters believable. He was a much better actor than was generally thought - again and again, his gravitas made impossible situations believable. In every appearance, he dominated the screen: you couldn't look away...
I agree with everything you said above.

Mycroft Holmes said:
Is this when the fused collar was born? lol Note how, "Your wife just irons..." really dates the ad. These days, you gotta iron your own shirts to be a real man.

Damn, look at them choppers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff