Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chester Cordite - anyone had experience with them?

Edward

Bartender
They were roundly dismissed in a thread here a while back but I thought I'd give them a go and make up my own mind. I very much like the fabric on the sage green suit and I wear the DB jacket quite a lot - lovely with cream flannels.

I started a thread on them a few years ago - here it is:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?75039-Chester-Cordite

They did get a very critical response, though the guy behind the business posted at the end and appears to have taken a lot of the suggestions on board. Your brown jacket you wore on Saturday, that DB one, is gorgeous. Late 40s American is probably my favourite tailoring style / era.

Yes they are. I just wish they did the tab and pin collars in colours other than white for a change.

I hear you on that. Others do do them, but mostly only in some sort of uber-skinny fit for teenage anorexics. I suppose white can be dyed for plain colours, but stripes would be nice. My perfect body regular wear shirts are Charles Tyrwhitt classic fit: if only they would do a spearpoint, a pinned spearpoint, and a club collar...

volvomeister13

One of the Regulars
Looks great! Pretty flawless to my eyes.

Do you mind giving details of the rest of the outfit? It's all very lovely.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Other than the wide shoulders (nothing wrong with them just not my style), I love that DB sportcoat. Overall, Cordite's stuff is looking pretty good. My question, though, is how high are the armholes?

Tommy-VF51

A-List Customer
Anyone have any recent experiences, the shirts specifically? I do like his Half Belt jacket, although I'd like a zip pocket on the other side as well personally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points