Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chicago and Eliot Ness

Eliot

New in Town
Hallo!

I just wanted to say hallo to everybody! I am a newbie in this Lounge, but I've found many topics which are very, very interesting!

Please ignore my bad english ... :p

I've written several articles of Eliot Ness and his Untouchables (I love this topic...), many people in Germany think "The Untouchables" was only a TV series with Robert Stack :rage:

But, now I want to share my special liking to "The Golden Age".

I am trying to complete my Eliot-Ness-suit with accessories. Can you help me??? It's very difficult to copy the REAL look ;-)

Have a nice day! And thank you for your replies...
Best wishes, Eliot

Vanessa

One Too Many
Hello there!

(On a slight tangeant - I caught AMC's DVD TV the other week & it was showing "The Untouchables" and if you're not familiar with the set up - they show movies in widecreen format & then scroll bits of info related to anything in the movie below. Some of the things I found out: 1)The movie does not really follow history (like I wrongfully assumed) 2)Ness was not married at the time of chasing Capone 3)The man in the white suit (Nitti?) was not killed by Ness, but rather committed suicide some years later.)

Eliot

New in Town
Hi!

No, the movie follows not history... It is based on Eliot Ness' book "The Untouchables". But there were made many changes... You're right, at that time Ness wasn't married (he lived alone with his parents in the southside of Chicago), the guy in the white suit (Frank Nitti) wasn't killed by Ness and the Prohibition agents Jim Malone (S. Connery), George Stone (A. Garcia) and Oscar Wallace (C. M. Smith) are also fictive...

Mycroft

One Too Many
Hmm, the suits and costumes were all Armani, it is in the opening credits like some actor of importance. But, are looking for stuff from the film, television show, or history? Anyhow, welcome to the lounge and enjoy your stay.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Eliot,
Welcome to the lounge! How's the vintage clothing in Germany? Are there many items available or do you find stuff online? Can you post some pictures of Elliot Ness...don't think I've seen too many of the real Ness. Again, welcome aboard!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Welcome Eliot! If there ever was a place to compile that look this is the one. Keep looking and asking and you'll find whatever you're searching for. I'll be sure to keep a weather eye out for you.

Cheers!

Dan

Eliot

New in Town
Hi to all and thanks for the nice welcome!

In Germany it is a little bit difficult to wear stylish clothes... There are some stores which are selling passable stuff. In Berlin is a good one:

http://www.glencheck-berlin.de/

(Check it out - it's really good...)

I've posted a photo of Eliot Ness. He shows him at the age of 26 (in 1929)... In the 1987 movie Kevin Costner wears a real good imitation of the dark three-pieced-suit and the tie (look sharp: the collar needle is missing).

Again, it is very hard to wear a 1930s suit in my city (Munich). German peoples are rather intolerant! And now, it's still more difficult - because its Oktoberfest-time! There you have to wear leather pants costume :beer:

It's nice to be here,

Yours most truly,
Eliot

P.S.: If I've learned, how I can post pictures, you can see them... ;-)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Pictures are a good thing. I take it the folks of your city are intolerant because of the history factor of that era? Shame really. It's not the clothes that made the history. Ah well, We must work around such things and do the things we love to do within reason. Take care, hope you find the things you seek.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails