Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Children?

How many children do you have?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 9+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab

I'm curious to look at the difference between between the average family size now versus in the Golden Era.

Are there any members who do not see themselves having children? If so, why (if this is not too intrusive)?

Faye Valentine

I have one 19-month-old and another one on the way! :) If this one's a girl (which I'm hoping it is) I don't plan on having anymore. To some people, I may seem young but I feel like it's an advantage for me. Just think, I'll only be in my mid-30s (which is supposedly the new 20 now-a-days), I can go on a cruise without having to worry about who's going to babysit the "kids." They'll probably be in college by that time (Then I'll get lonely and probably want one more haha).
I think the only hard thing about having kids is...the in-laws! lol

Archie Goodwin

One of the Regulars
I voted one, but we have another due in April. We currently have a little boy, and we think this one may be a little girl (the baby was shy at the ultrasound).
We both came from families that only had two children, and we both envied our friends/extended family who had larger families, so I doubt that this will be our last child.

P.S. These don't count for the poll, but we also have three canine children.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
We waited until we were in our late (in my case very late) 30's to have the kiddo. In regards to the "golden age" aspect, both my parents were born when their folks were in their early 40's, in the early 40's. And they were both only children. So in my family I am following in those golden age footsteps.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Mr. 'H' said:

I'm curious to look at the difference between between the average family size now versus in the Golden Era.

Are there any members who do not see themselves having children? If so, why (if this is not too intrusive)?

I would have liked to have had kids -- but there were physical probs that prevented it.

I have thought about adoption over the years, but because I grew up extremely poor, I always vowed I wouldn't take on the responsibility of a child unless I could ensure that he or she would have a better life than I had. So far, I've never been in a position where that would be the case.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
No kids yet. No husband either. I figure I have some time.

I would kind of like a medium-sized to large family some day. I wouldn't, personally, want an only child.

-Viola

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I had just as many kids as I wanted to, which was zip.

Never had that motherly instinct or the motivation to have a kid.

I do, however, love dogs.

karol

Sunny

One Too Many
I'm tempted to vote 4, since that's the size of the family I was born into not a terribly long time ago. After I get married, I'd also like to have about that number. It's quite convenient for a number of reasons. ;) I know quite a few families with six or more.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
LizzieMaine said:
I would have liked to have had kids -- but there were physical probs that prevented it.

I have thought about adoption over the years, but because I grew up extremely poor, I always vowed I wouldn't take on the responsibility of a child unless I could ensure that he or she would have a better life than I had. So far, I've never been in a position where that would be the case.

That's a really honest and frank answer. I think a lot of people could relate to that point. :)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
No kids for me, think I'm missing the gene! I never wanted to play with dolls, hated the babysitting that my mother forced me into and continued to have no interest in parenting as I became an adult. I think children are lovely, as long as they can go home with their parents at the end of the day!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I never had the desire to have children. Once when I was a kid, my mother said, "I hope you have a daughter just like you!" I said, "I won't have any!" and I've never changed my mind.

My best friend had the exact same conversation with her own mother.

I like coming home to a clean, quiet house and being free to come and go as I please. I am already tied down with a job, my dog (who needs to take medicine and to be told to eat his dinner) and my house. That's enough.

Kim_B

Practically Family
No kids, yet, much to the dismay of my family. I'm an only child and my mom is getting antsy for some grandbabies. DH and I want at least two kids, no more than three though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany