Chippewa's Archival boots line

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by The Wiser Hatter, Mar 15, 2013.

1. flat-top

flat-top My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hmph....the the two tone boot isn't there...

2. jimmer_5

jimmer_5 Practically Family

I like the idea of these boots, but I am pretty sure all they did was take existing boots that they make, changed the leather and a few soles, and tacked $100 or more onto the price. The engineer boots in particular look exactly like their standard engineer boot that you can buy for around $180.

That being said, I like this pair:

http://www.zappos.com/chippewa-6-plain-toe-wedge-black-whirlwind?zfcTest=fcl:0

3. The Wiser Hatter

The Wiser Hatter I'll Lock Up

I think we will have to wait to see other sources come on line in the next month. Zappo's is based here in Louisville as most of the internet is.:D
    But they limit what they carry.
    J Crew is selling them in the stores right now from reports on SF.
    But nothing on their website.
    JCrew Chippewa section

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  4. flat-top

I've had the Homestead Boot from J Crew (which was an exclusive at the time) for a year now.

5. winterland1

winterland1 Practically Family

I checked with Chippewa as I could not see any boots on Chippewa's website resembling the Zappos newer and older black models I linked to earlier.

"Good morning and thank you for contacting Chippewa Boot Company.
    The boots listed on Zappos website are specifically manufactured for Zappos."

6. flat-top

Then something tells me these aren't the boots we're looking for...

7. winterland1

winterland1 Practically Family

That could be.
    I was just going by the link someone else had posted saying they were the ones.

8. BigFitz

BigFitz Practically Family

9. buler

buler I'll Lock Up

I'm going to speculate that those cap toes are made be Weinbrenner (make Thorogood, etc.). I have a pair identical to the solid brown one except for the stitch lines on the cap toe. Bought them at the Weinbrenner outlet. Great boots!

B

10. js0930

js0930 New in Town

There's a post on superfuture which states the zappos boots are not the archival line, which will be only made with horween leathers and start at $400. Sorry for the confusion, apparently the zappos boots are just their normal line which they've been selling in Japan for some time and have finally released states side.

11. bl@ster

bl@ster One of the Regulars

12. kyboots

kyboots Practically Family

I just saw one of my cats was a Senior Member reviewer for Style Forum. I still fall asleep trying to find anything. His writing was always slow but he sures sleeps better. On the other hand; I too like the look of the new Chippewa engineer. They are really good looking, but Jimmer is right on this new boot. I have a pair of the original black Chippewa engineers in the garage: brand new and not any wear. They just don't fit well. Very generic "one size fits all" that rubbed my heel. I can't wear these and will pass on the new ones. Anyone my size who wants a pair VERY CHEAP send me a message.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  13. bl@ster

bl@ster One of the Regulars

Um... what??

14. kyboots

kyboots Practically Family

OH come on! My attempt at "bad cat humour". Your Style Forum link took you to a picture of my cat ( or at least his twin. ) I could not resist.

15. cameosis

cameosis New in Town

hello all,

does anybody know where the two-tone homestead boot will be available for purchase/order? thanks in advance.