Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chocolate Bacon

Bourbon Guy

A-List Customer
Phineas Lamour said:
Pretty much anything sounds good with bacon added.

My mind exactly. I'd eat an old shoe if you wrap bacon around it. Actually, I've read of folks, in times of need and starvation, boiling their shoes and belts and eating them. Oh, for a bit of bacon to flavor them.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
tried a new treat today from the barbeque place here in SF:

27074_637674872398_11701808_36859377_455449_n.jpg

It's really, really delicious!

Chainsaw

Suspended
No way!

That's amazing man. I worked with a Scottish fellow a couple years ago, I swear to god, If I hadn't watched the laser disc version of "Train spotting" with the original accents, i wouldn't have been able to understand one word he spoke.

Rambling on here, anyway my friend was saying "oh yeah, yufv gut to try the deep, freed mars bars! They're brilliant"

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
J B said:
Yeah, exactly. Not for me...

Oh, the combination is sheer heaven. You get the sweet of the chocolate enhanced by the salty of the bacon. You can find Chocolate bars with Bacon in it in specialty candy shops like Powell's Chocolates. I thought it odd at first, but I'm always willing to try any food at least once just to satiate my curiosity. I suppose watching enough Anthony Borrdain and Andrew Zimmern has done that to me.

Another fantastic combination is a maple bacon donut. The first time I had one was in Portland, OR at Voodoo Donut. That will be the dessert in my death row meal.

Cheers!

Dan

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
DanielJones said:
Another fantastic combination is a maple bacon donut. The first time I had one was in Portland, OR at Voodoo Donut. That will be the dessert in my death row meal.

Cheers!

Dan

Ha! I was wondering if that would come up. I saw a Food Channel special on VooDoo Donuts some time back, about their crazy combinations, and wedding ceremonies at the larger store. So, of course, I had to go to the original store when I was in Portland last summer. I couldn't bring myself to try the maple bacon donut, but my best friend did, and he loved it! Myself, I couldn't resist the chocolate fruit loop donut :)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Chocolate bacon? Really???
I've done bacon with syrup, but chocolate I'm not sure of.
It's too tempting to eat MORE bacon then I should. :)
I can see the jam though, sounds good.

DNO

One Too Many
As my wife said: "Is there anything that doesn't go well with bacon?" I saw a piece on the "Best thing I ever ate..." show about a bacon with marmalade sandwich in toasted pumpernickel bread so I had to try it. Amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff